Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Recalls How He Failed to Convince Brook to Skip Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Recalls How He Failed to Convince Brook to Skip Spence

Eddie Hearn had a plan for Kell Brook. Give up the IBF welterweight title, move up to 154 pounds and try to arrange a fight with an established star, someone anyone, honestly other than Errol Spence Jr. Hearn considered Spence much more risk than reward and perhaps too tough of an opponent in Brook's first fight since Gennady Golovkin broke the orbital bone around Brook's right eye during a technical knockout win in their middleweight title fight September 10 at 02 Arena in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Credit to Kell Brook for taking the fight.

But I do think some of the rumbling from the fans that he would duck Spence helped push him in this direction, though.

Comment

Redd Foxx

But but Kell Brook didn't want the fight doe.

Duck duck duck

That's all these ducking boys know. When will they learn?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

But I do think some of the rumbling from the fans that he would duck Spence helped push him in this direction, though.
        Maybe, but the way Team Brook tells the story, is that the belt is so special, Brook would never give it up, and that's why they're doing this fight.

In reality, they tried for Amir Khan and they tried for Cotto....BOTH fights would've seen Kell vacate that title.

Comment

Why give him credit for doing what he was supposed to do??

Khan is the reason this fight is happening.

HE told Brook he has to fight Spence first.

Amir could have easily taken this fight and Brook would have surely taken it rather than fight Spence.

We could be watch Khan vs Brook if not for Amir.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
            Maybe, but the way Team Brook tells the story, is that the belt is so special, Brook would never give it up, and that's why they're doing this fight.

In reality, they tried for Amir Khan and they tried for Cotto....BOTH fights would've seen Kell vacate that title.

Keep reminding them.

Amnesia is a mofo.

Comment

Yep. I also remember them trying their best to fight Khan. All of this is revisionist history by Eddie. What established star at 154 is Hearn talking about? Canelo had already left the division. Cotto was scheduled to fight Kirkland. He wasn't moving up to get beat by either Charlo Twins or Lara for pennies and in America.

Comment

The writer of this article made a typo saying that Brook said "let my slay him," but luckily for the writer of this article, it's okay because that's exactly how Brook would have said it. "Let my slay 'imm!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  Why give him credit for doing what he was supposed to do??
                  Because technically he didn't HAVE to do it.

But I'm glad enough fans spoke out about ducking to make Brook think twice about swerving this matchup.

Comment

I have a lot of respect for Brook. I didn't think he would take this fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X