Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: I Can't Overlook McGregor, Only Lost on The Ground!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
    He's gonna have to get physical with Floyd in the clinch. Floyd will try to excessively hold on the inside.
    and I will try to be at least a kilometer away from any tv

Comment

Originally posted by CONTROVERSIAL View Post
      that canelo fight was the easiest $60 million floyd ever made to date....

Floyd is going to make MORE with mcgregor....

Comment

Originally posted by southpawology View Post
        floyd is going to make more with mcgregor....
        good for him.... He has given boxing 20 years so why cant he make another big payday.... Oscar was saying he wanted conor to fight canelo just last month.... Haters just dont like seeing mayweather get richer lol... It burns them up inside...

Comment

Boxing is sports entertainment. It's an obvious fact that most of you seem lost on.
          Promoters seek to put on the most entertaining/intriguing fights. And that does not always mean the most competitive match-ups.
          This will be a massive event, and way bigger than any of you tribalistic "purists" are willing to admit.
          Conor is at the pinnacle of fame.
          Floyd has maintained his popularity as well.
          Floyd & Manny got next to ZERO promotion bc "the fight sells itself"

Can you imagine how much promotion this is going to get?
          Conor's retirement tweet, alone, got more retweets than Kobe's official retirement tweet--by far!!!

This will be massively entertaining and will break the May/Pac PPV record.
          The fact that you guys don't recognize this convicts you of being either 1) stupid or 2) ignorant or 3) a hater

Either way, you'll watch. We all will on fight night.
          And even if it's boring, it'll still be a mega event.
          Only diehard fight fans will care about the outcome. Everyone else will just be showing up for a party.

There's no one bigger in boxing than mayweather. There's no one bigger in the UFC than Conor.
          Do the math.

Comment

Originally posted by CONTROVERSIAL View Post
            lats 20 years? Did you miss the first 35 fights of his career? They are all on youtube go watch them...
            No thanks, I don't have insomnia.

Comment

It's not a legit fight it's like one of those celebrity boxing fights for charities , Conor would get KTFO against any of the top 10 welterweights

Might as well be 4 rounds tbh

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
                What do you know about boxing? Floyd will have to carry McGregor for a few rounds just so the fans get value for money. After that he will stop McGregor.

For Conor to have any competitive chance they needed to make this a half-way fight between boxing and MMA - at least lose the big gloves. Instead this is all about the money. Conor can lose and keep face by saying "boxing isn't my sport". It's win/win for McGregor and Mayweather.

???? new to this?
                You seriously think this is a real fight? It's just a way for everyone to make money. I'm worried that you have fallen for it. Conor couldn't even beat one of Floyd's sparring partners. He couldn't beat any half-decent boxer at that weight. He isn't a boxer.

Only way they can get away with this is for Floyd to play with him for a few rounds. To make it look like it isn't a complete walkover for him.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  The road to victory isn't always paved with steep mountains to climb...some choose to walk around those mountains, avoid them altogether.
                  Oh yeah right, Floyd's had it so easy throughout his career and fought cans like golovkin has, yet golovkin gets so much praise for the list of C level fighters he's beaten. Floyd is simply THAT good that he's held to a higher standard than everyone else. Thanks for admitting that.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd Mayweather
                    "Only time McGregor has been defeated was when he was on the ground. When he was standing up, he always was victorious. He’s a power puncher, he’s a tough competitor, I’m a tough competitor, and we have to go out there and give the world and the fans what they want to see: excitement."
                    I'm waiting anxiously with anticipation to hear all of the complaints about how Floyd made it a "boring" fight and "ran" all night to an easy 12 round UD.

Comment

Floyd I used to be a fan ....you are money mayweather and in boxing terms you are now a joke.

Old boy time to go.

Comment

Working...
                      X