Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the scoring of GGG/Canelo be shady? Will GGG need a KO to win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So now Conelo goes 12 rounds with the boogie man most feared boxer in all history? A couple months ago Conelo get blown out in 3 , you ggg fans seem more concern that the fight got made then excited lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
      I said the same thing in another thread. I don't see how anyone could think the cards wouldn't be iffy. GGG is 35 and not going to make more money for boxing after a few more fights while Canelo is arguably the biggest name in the sport and still in his prime. He lost damn near every round against Floyd and still got a draw on one card. GGG needs to beat him nearly to death or stop him or he loses on the cards. I like both guys so it's not making an excuse for GGG. It's the cynicism that goes along with watching boxing for 30 years. I'm kind of just shutting that out and going to enjoy what should be a classic of a fight.
      Pretty much my thinking... Canelo obviously has some serious pull in Vegas if he could get a draw against Mayweather in HIS town... And GGG certainly doesn't have the political pull of Floyd and he doesn't even have the advantage of being American... So yeah, it's sort of expected that the scorecards are going to be fishy... Probably why these guys make sure they get paid as much as possible before they fight....

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
        Not making excuses, but you have to admit the questionable scoring that surrounds Canelo's fights.

I'm sure the promoters want a close fight where the majority of fans think GGG wins but they give it Canelo, so everyone clamors for a rematch... Or even if it's not that close but Canelo doesn't take a huge beating even though he clearly lost on the cards, because he wasn't completely humiliated, they still give it to him to set up the rematch, sort of like Bradly-Pac I.
        There hasn't been a questionable Canelo decision in 3 years. Whereas, Golovkin just had a controversial one.

Judging will not likely be an issue in either direction.

Comment

He knocks out HW's doe. (Have some confidence doe)

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
            GGG is the boogyman who is supposed to kill Canelo..why are you worried about a damn scorecard?
            Did you think Canelo/Mayweather was a draw?

Comment

He's saying a hypothetical situation of coarse ggg would KO the ginger and y'all know this but if it happened to go the cards y'all also know damn well canelo has the judges ask lara.

Comment

What's with all the hater replies?

Judges had Canelo-Mayweather a draw. That alone tells you that It is almost impossible to win a decision against him.

Just because It's Golovkin you have to hate instead of answering the damn question.

It will be extremely tough for GGG to win a decision. Whoever disagrees is out of their mind!

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
                  If it's a close fight, I don't see the judges giving the edge to GGG. In this case, they most definitely give it Canelo. If GGG wins a clear decision on points, the judges will have it tight and STILL possibly give Canelo the bogus decision.

The only surefire way GGG can win is he gets a KO/TKO and takes the decision out the judges hands.

I agree, past history of Canelo score cards suggest if it goes 12 Canelo will get the victory.

We saw it in the Trout, Mayweather and Cotto fights.

I'm telling you right now if the fight is 7 to 5 or 8 to 4 in Triple G's favor in our eyes, Canelo will still get the Decision.

If it's 9 to 3 or more in Triple G's favor, then it's harder for the judges fix to be in. Although the Mayweather-Canelo scorecard that was a draw was pretty bad.

Only the Lara fight that I can think of was correctly scored. As far as Canelo's top fights are concerned. Though I did have Canelo winning the Lara fight in a close decision.

But yes, unless Triple G wins by knockout or to our eyes wins 9 to 3 in rounds or more. Then yeah, Canelo will get the decision.

If it's 7 to 5 or 8 to 4 in rounds to our eyes for Triple G. Canelo will still get the decision. Absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    Did you think Canelo/Mayweather was a draw?
                    GGG is supposed to kill Canelo according to ya'll so why worry about the cards?

Comment

Originally posted by Sp0rty Cr@ig View Post
                      What's with all the hater replies?

Judges had Canelo-Mayweather a draw. That alone tells you that It is almost impossible to win a decision against him.

Just because It's Golovkin you have to hate instead of answering the damn question.

It will be extremely tough for GGG to win a decision. Whoever disagrees is out of their mind!

Yes'sir

114-114, 116-112 for Mayweather-Canelo

119-109, 118-110 for Cotto-Canelo

118-109 for Canelo-Trout

Comment

Working...
                      X