Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do people get this idea that Adonis Stevenson ducked Kovalev from?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they say Stevenson ducked him, but when team kov did the same thing to stevenson it wasn't ducking...????

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Because they like Kovalev better. Them's the rules.
      yea...the promoters and networks had nothing to do with it

Aduckis Chickenson is a coward....Andre Co-Ward...Who Necks!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hov View Post
        Please let me know
        Adonis has refused to fight anyone since his win over Dawson. I don't know if u need someone to explain to you how reasoning and logic work, but this is very strong evidence. And haymon is getting him 7 figures to beat cans. So no reason to fight anyone given he loses to any top five LHW IMO.

Comment

Krusher kicks ass.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThirdEye View Post
            What! You really think you're smarter than HeroBando?
            Read that quote slowly and carefully:
            Read this slowly and carefully:

Stevenson has no resume worth mentioning. He is a nobody.

Not only did he duck Hopkins, Kovalev and Pascal, all very blatantly then act like he wanted to fight them afterwards each time when the chance had passed -- I'm not even sure he deserved to be in the ring with them to begin with. He is a sub-standard opponent. He was very lucky to have the chance to "duck" fighters he isn't on the same level as.

The guy has not done anything of note. He is trash. He is not even a top LHW. He is now 40 years old and still doesn't really have a win worth mentioning. His career highlights are catching a horrifically washed up, journeyman-level Chad Dawson cold and trading knockdowns with a previously unknown Fonfara. The rest is not worth skimming.

Reminds me of a more extreme version of when Bute beat Librado Andrade and became a big topic just because the super six winner needed a hypothetical rival. Nobody really stopped to ask if being Librado Andrade was a big deal. We just needed Bute to be a devil's advocate floating around out there. At least Bute eventually stepped it up though. Stevenson is retiring as a sideshow.

Nobody would be talking about Stevenson anymore of the real champion (Kovalev) hadn't needed a hypothetical rival. And now that he has a real one people should forget Stevenson exists -- until he gets a noteworthy win at least.

Stevenson was extremely lucky -- having no noteworthy victories and basically being a bogeyman -- to have the opportunity to duck Hopkins, Kovalev and Pascal.
            Last edited by ////; 10-07-2016, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Pascal vs Stevenson was and probably still is a huge money fight in Montreal, Quebec. It's similar to Khan vs Brook in UK. Which means the demand is huge locally. But for some unexplainable reason Stevenson doesn't want it. They're both Quebecers, both of Haitian descent, both in the same division. But he'd rather deny his fellow Quebecers the fight. If legacy is not what this guy is after, then what the hell does he want?

Comment

Politics guys ...Strictly politics... I'm surprised after billions of threads you still try to find any Boxing logic in there... That fight will come when the $$$ stars are aligned, and the more they wait the more butter on the bread...

I also think Kovalev wanted to hear nothing about Stevenson last couple years other than to keep the hype alive.

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
                  Krusher kicks ass.
                  this is Freedom

Comment

Working...
                  X