Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better win for Floyd - Mosley in '10, or the Cotto/Margarito of 07/08?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
    Let's just examine that for a second. Mosley fought a twitchy, jittery fight right from the first bell, and bought nothing to that fight but 2 overhand right hands.

Margarito bought unbelievable will, relentless desire and fought the fight of his life. It was also the end of his prime probably, he took a huge beating in the course of that fight.
    had Floyd beat the same Margarito that lost to Mosley who couldn't get his punches off your telling you wouldn't feel that same way?

what did Margarito do since beating Cotto and what did Mosley do since beating Margarito?

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      had Floyd beat the same Margarito that lost to Mosley who couldn't get his punches off your telling you wouldn't feel that same way?

what did Margarito do since beating Cotto and what did Mosley do since beating Margarito?
      I'm confused by what you're asking me.

I'll say this.

Mosley, IMHO, lucked out to an extent when he faced Margarito. Not only was he facing someone coming off a huge beating, but also the kind of win that takes the edge off your hunger (he also had issues making weight) but he fought a Margarito who knew the fight itself wasn't as important as the sh-tstorm about to hit right after the fight.

Comment

I'll say this.

Mosley, IMHO, lucked out to an extent when he faced Margarito. Not only was he facing someone coming off a huge beating, but also the kind of win that takes the edge off your hunger (he also had issues making weight) but he fought a Margarito who knew the fight itself wasn't as important as the sh-tstorm about to hit right after the fight.
        Margarito was coming off of a beating?

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenAssassin View Post
          Margarito was coming off of a beating?
          That's what I said.

Or does damage somehow not count because you get your hand raised at the end?

Comment

I'll say this.

wait what huge beating was Margarito coming off of?

and had Floyd fought and beat the same 08 Margarito that beat Cotto today you would be saying " Floyd beat a Margarito that coming off a huge beating (which didn't happen) he also had issues making weight and coming off the kind of win that takes the edge off your hunger(whatever the **** that means) "

just call it like it is beating Margarito in 09 and beating Mosley in 10 is the same ****ing thing

Comment

That's what I said.

Or does damage somehow not count because you get your hand raised at the end?
              A 'huge beating'is reaching. Mosley vs Margarito is a huge beating.

Comment

Let's not ignore the punishment Tony took in the Cotto fight.Yeah,he battered Cotto down the stretch,but he took a lot of clean leather from a good puncher in that fight,too.And then you add up all the punishment he had absorbed over the dozen or so years that he had been fighting as a pro....it tends to build up,ya know?

The Mosley win looks pretty poor in hindsight,but that's the fight that people wanted to see at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenAssassin View Post
                  A 'huge beating'is reaching. Mosley vs Margarito is a huge beating.
                  Bro, go watch Cotto/Marg 1. They both were pounding each other. Cotto gave it too, but he was hurting at the end.

Comment

Mosley of 2010 was a better victory than a win over Margarito would have been and equal to a Cotto win.

Of course, all polls that have an option that goes against Floyd, will be chosen.

2010 Mosley>2007-2008 Margarito.

Mosley 2010=2007-2008 Cotto.

2010 Mosley was the Lineal 147 champion.

Comment

question seems like it was designed a certain way...beating a 07/08 Cotto is much better than beating the Mosley he fought...Cotto was younger and unbeaten plus he had just beat a younger version of Mosley...Marg shouldn't even be in the pic....but I guess it helps the agenda

dudes been working too long on trying to gain public approval when it comes to bashing Floyd...its a circle type hate and thats where it'll stay...same dudes calling fighters with 5 losses bums...why do Floyd go on trial so much around here?...he need some losses or what?...until he loses he'll be guilty of every duck and dodge in the book...smh...you dudes keep looking for ish and don't even realise what yall missing!!...smh

Comment

Working...
                      X