No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse vs. Dallas is On, Lundy Confirms He is Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    so its ok for a guy who posters say is one of if not the best at 140 to fight Hank Lundy moving up and then Mike Dallas Jr?
    I said in my previous post that the fight is not a good one. However, did Garcia, Rios, Alvarado, or Khan step up? No, none of these guys I just mentioned have mentioned to have any interest in fighting Mattyhsse. So what is Lucas supposed to do? Not fight? He's gotta fight whats given to him. He's gotta eat.

Gamboa called out Broner, and Broner and his people ignored them. That's the best fight at lightweight which is pretty weak right now. That is the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
      mike dallas is a significant step down from hank lundy..........

lets think about this for a second

we're talking mike dallas?
      It's not that significant of step down, they're about equal. Lundy lost his last fight and is known to have a weak chin. Dallas is on a decent win streak. They are both heavy underdogs against Mattyhsse.

Comment

mike dallas is a significant step down from hank lundy..........

lets think about this for a second

we're talking mike dallas?
        Both are a marginal step down in comparison to Ajose, that dude was pretty damn tough.

I have nothing against Lundy but he seems to have plateaued lately and isn't coming off any wins, it made no sense to begin with really....Dallas still has some upside and will present a style clash for Lucas until he figures out the speed.

Comment

DiBella claimed that martinez is open to a rematch. & also DiBella himself is very interest..............fabricating? NO.

lucas is fighting dallas.........why not the heat that broner & martinez is getting?

heres why..........too many people are inconsistent with their stories. everyone plays the roll of pick and choose who you want to b*tch about (while ignoring the same exact thing on their favorite fighters end)

I call a spade a spade...........
          LOL, Dibella says that Martinez.... If Dibella wants Mike Tyson / Martinez fight will you also say that Martinez wants that fight? In an interview from Martinez himself, he stated that he did Not think Chavez deserved a rematch. Go off of what the fighter says, not a middle man, manager, trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by LAFIRPO View Post
            I said in my previous post that the fight is not a good one. However, did Garcia, Rios, Alvarado, or Khan step up? No, none of these guys I just mentioned have mentioned to have any interest in fighting Mattyhsse. So what is Lucas supposed to do? Not fight? He's gotta fight whats given to him. He's gotta eat.

Gamboa called out Broner, and Broner and his people ignored them. That's the best fight at lightweight which is pretty weak right now. That is the difference.
            You gotta get it out of your head that fighters have all this control over who they fight. Its more like a team decision that is made involving trainers, managers and promoters. That's on both sides too. And just because Gamboa and 50 called out Broner, doesn't mean that fight has to happen right now or else Broner is ducking him. It doesn't work like that. They have to agree to a lot of things. Broner has options, he/they can walk. Or these guys might fight in 2013. You just never know. None of us know.

Comment

Lucas is one of my favorite fighters right now. He's a classy dude and always comes to fight, not just throwing wild punches but actually boxing. I hope Lucas gets a shot at Garcia, he deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by LAFIRPO View Post
                It's not that significant of step down, they're about equal. Lundy lost his last fight and is known to have a weak chin. Dallas is on a decent win streak. They are both heavy underdogs against Mattyhsse.
                to me it's a significant step down........dallas is almost d class to me. i wouldn't be surprised if it was over in 2 rounds. hank would have at least made it interesting.............

Comment

Originally posted by SwineFlu View Post
                  LOL, Dibella says that Martinez.... If Dibella wants Mike Tyson / Martinez fight will you also say that Martinez wants that fight? In an interview from Martinez himself, he stated that he did Not think Chavez deserved a rematch. Go off of what the fighter says, not a middle man, manager, trainer.
                  dude........i thought i told you already that martinez is open to a rematch with chavez?

"He's willing to fight Chavez Jr. again. He'll even do it in Dallas. Under one condition.

"If he wants to box there, there must be a condition to undergo Olympic testing for one month, one week and one day before the fight," Martinez told Jhonny Gonzalez of BoxingScene.com.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...s-drug-testing

this is MARTINEZ SPEAKING. Dibella could make this rematch before you'd even blink.........

Comment

Hank should send Mike Dallas a gift basket for stepping in and taking the beating Lucas would give him if it were him.

Either guy, Hank or Dallas, don't stand much of a chance with Matthysse.

Comment

i wonder if people will attack mythesse for fighting dallas. broner is being criticized for fighting reez (A stay busy tune up fight for may 4th) martinez is being criticized for wanting a rematch with chavez jr. (the same chavez who almost had him out)

i wonder if people will attack mythesse the same way.........
                      The post doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Plus The problem is fighting feb16th not may 4th. Stop trying top plug Floyd-roid.

Comment

Working...
                      X