Collapse
No announcement yet.

Troy Ross vs. Yoan Pablo Hernandez discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to watching Hernandez later on.

Comment

It's not Hernandez's chin that Im worried about. I think he lacks some of that killer instinct. He dropped Cunningham in the 2nd fight and then kinda let him back in the fight for whatever reason. Im not saying he could've finished Cunningham but Im just saying he let off the gas some.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        I'm not going to deny that Hernandez is clearly the favorite.

But Yoan Pablo's a bit chinny and Ross is heavy-handed.
        Hernandez has improved though, and has looked better the last few fights. He is still chinny though. Kinda like the Amir Khan of the cruisers.

I think Hernandez is a much better boxer than Ross, so I expect him to win on points or late stoppage. Of course there's always the chance of him catching a big shot.

Comment

Im not gonna lie, Idk these guys:

Mateusz Masternak 195¾ 27(20)-0-0 SC David Quinonero 197¼ 27(26)-0-0 NC

Are they any good or just padded records? On paper it looks like it's gonna be a hell of a fight.

Comment

gerber vs sprott should be a decent match up

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              gerber vs sprott should be a decent match up
              Gerber by KO. Brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                Im not gonna lie, Idk these guys:

Mateusz Masternak 195¾ 27(20)-0-0 SC David Quinonero 197¼ 27(26)-0-0 NC

Are they any good or just padded records? On paper it looks like it's gonna be a hell of a fight.
                Masternak is one of the two best up-and-coming cruiserweights (the other is Chakhkiev)..

Quinonero I haven't seen, but I've heard he's a strong puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  This card has a typical 2PM eastern start time and 5ish pm main event right?
                  Yes. Here's today's card:

http://boxrec.com/show_display.php?show_id=648711

It starts in about two hours. I need to go out now, I'll be back in a few hours (in time to do a round-by-round of the main event).

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    Masternak is one of the two best up-and-coming cruiserweights (the other is Chakhkiev)..

Quinonero I haven't seen, but I've heard he's a strong puncher.
                    I got my pick on Masternak so let's hope he doesn't disappoint.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                      It's not Hernandez's chin that Im worried about. I think he lacks some of that killer instinct. He dropped Cunningham in the 2nd fight and then kinda let him back in the fight for whatever reason. Im not saying he could've finished Cunningham but Im just saying he let off the gas some.
                      He broke his hand in that round, still put up a show the rest of the way

Comment

Working...
                      X