No announcement yet.

Gandhi and South Africans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gandhi and South Africans

This is an article I found by chance, it puzzled me greatly I must say. I always thought Gandhi had fondness for black people, I read in a book about Martin Luther King that he visited US and made a speech where he said the blacks shouldn't be ashamed of who they are, King was a boy back then but he remembered it. And now this article, its clearly anti-Gandhi propaganda.

Small coincidence that its on a PAKISTANI website. Here they claim Gandhi HATED blacks and was pro-apartheid! I always wondered whether Gandhi hated WHITES, but instead here it turns out he hated blacks. He only had reason to hate whites, since his country was done injustice by the English and he saw racism from whites against blacks in US...but as I said, this is all clearly anti-Indian propaganda. I think these words are taken out of context, he is simply saying Indians have different mentality than Africans. But in the end, I don't think Gandhi HATED anyone. His whole philosophy preached non-hate and non-violence.

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...ad.php?t=66217
    Last edited by Pastrano; 05-08-2011, 06:54 AM.

They also say about him that he would take pills for his sickness while he didn't allow his wife to take them for her sickness.

She died shortly after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin'J View Post
      They also say about him that he would take pills for his sickness while he didn't allow his wife to take them for her sickness.

She died shortly after that.
      Thats fooked. Wonder if its true...one can't be too sure. Great men have always had many enemies.

Comment

Mohandas Gandhi had a decent record but he never faced any slick African Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          Mohandas Gandhi had a decent record but he never faced any slick African Americans.
          What are you talking about. His record is as good as Pacmans, despite a few losses early on he came back hard.

Comment

But he ducked Martin Luther King.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              But he ducked Martin Luther King.
              I thought Martin Luther was on vacay when Gandhi was up to fight him.

Comment

Working...
              X