No announcement yet.

Fat burners

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    I do decaff tea after 6-7PM or else I can't fall asleep.
    Same. I don't touch the stuff after 5pm unless it's going to be a long night at work.

Comment

They shouldn't exactly be called fat burners but instead weight loss aid. You can't take them thinking you can eat whatever you want and still lose weight. For an example I take Lipodrene when I'm cutting. It helps provide energy and appetite suppressant when I'm cutting back on calories which makes things easier as I don't slug around and I dont feel hungry all day.
      Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 10-29-2019, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Calories used have got to be greater than calories out for fat loss. There's no magic pill. Those fat loss pills are full of caffeine etc that makes your heart beat faster, technically they do make you burn more calories but they do very little, a 10 minute walk would burn more. Not worth the potential damage they can do to your body. Stop trying to take shortcuts and put in the work.
        Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 05-14-2019, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          Calories used have got to be greater than calories out for fat loss. There's no magic pill. Those fat loss pills are full of caffeine etc that makes your heart beat faster, technically they do make you burn more calories but they do very little, a 10 minute walk would burn more. Not worth the potential damage they can do to your body. Stop trying to take shortcuts and put in the work.
          I remember using the real epehdra before it was banned and that stuff really worked. I lost several pounds in a week.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            I remember using the real epehdra before it was banned and that stuff really worked. I lost several pounds in a week.
            Thing is though people are usually cutting calories while taking them, which is mostly where the weight loss comes from not the pills. I remember reading somewhere that taking those ephedrine pills would burn around 30 calories a day by making your heart work harder. Not worth the potential damage for 30 calories.

Comment

Originally posted by Le_Grand View Post
              If you want to cut weight use natural stimulants for your metabolism such as hot peppers and coffee. Eat your salads and vegetables with peppers and drink sugarless coffee in the mornings - it suppresses your appetite and boosts your metabolism. Moreover, cut out all carbs and substitute it with protein/vegetables. You'll lose a **** tonne of weight. It's not healthy to overdo this but you could, for example, cut out 80% of carbs and *exclusively* substitute it with greens/lean meat for a less extreme version. Simply no need for fat burners. You don't know what's in that crap half the time.
              Roughly this ^. Ain't ever really had much of a problem with weight, but as the years creep on I'm just having to work a bit to keep it where I want it. 6 weeks off training before Xmas with a neck injury and then some yuletide indulgence and suddenly I'm about 88kg 'stead of my regular 79 or so. Dropped about 4 or 5 when I started training again but come April when that last 4 or 5 still hadn't moved I thought I'd better put the work in. It's taken a fairly hard but not extreme Carb reduction (like you say probably about 80% or so), skipping breakfast and just black or herbal tea in the a.m, salads with chicken or fish in the eve.

This **** just works and ain't any kind of magic or even anything extreme - main thing is just staying active and watching what you eat, but that's just plain common sense anyways.

Comment

Working...
              X