Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder is the hardest puncher in the history of the sport.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
    Wilder the hardest puncher?!

I don`t think so.

Stiverne wasn` t dropped in first fight. he survived 12 rounds.
    Fury survived all 12 rounds ( he was dropped twice).
    Duhaupas wasn`t dropped.
    Szpilka dropped only in round 9 by KO.

I don`t think that dropping guys like Breazeale, Scott, Washington, Ortiz, Arreola..proves Wilder hits the hardest ever...
    Completely agree.

It's like when Quillin iced that stripper Zerafa, his power looked like a million dollars.

Against better quality opponents like Andy Lee, they got up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bad_Guy View Post
      Not sure if trolling, but a limited fighter like Wilder would have 0 chance of KOing Ali; in fact, he would be lucky to win a single round. Also, big George might have knocked out Wilder himself. Marciano was a bum, so Wilder very well may have KOd him.
      What was ur prediction on the fight this weekend then? If u predicted it like it went down then that will go a ways to support ur other opinions. It’s the boxing paradox. Fraizer gets smoked by Foreman twice. Can’t win a minute. But Frazier can beat Ali and be his toughest challenge. Ali could have easily lost to Norton twice. I think Ali could potentially beat anyone who ever lived though. Ali had a great chin but Wilder might have a better chance at KO’ing anyone who ever lived. That’s how hard he hits with those long ass arms. I hate the “it only takes one punch” trope but it’s more obvious with Wilder than anyone I’ve seen, and I’ve watched as many vintage fights as I can. I like u believe Marciano was very overrated also. So I’m intrigued with ur opinions and not trying to be antagonistic. But if u use absolutes on a fight that will never happen then how accurate have u been on recent ones?

Comment

• Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
        They've been stopped many times before ?

Breazeale was down against Mansoor, Joshua, Ugonoh.

Fury was down against Cunningham, Pakjic, Firtha and wobbled by others.

I meant a combination of dropped/stopped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
          What was ur prediction on the fight this weekend then? If u predicted it like it went down then that will go a ways to support ur other opinions. It’s the boxing paradox. Fraizer gets smoked by Foreman twice. Can’t win a minute. But Frazier can beat Ali and be his toughest challenge. Ali could have easily lost to Norton twice. I think Ali could potentially beat anyone who ever lived though. Ali had a great chin but Wilder might have a better chance at KO’ing anyone who ever lived. That’s how hard he hits with those long ass arms. I hate the “it only takes one punch” trope but it’s more obvious with Wilder than anyone I’ve seen, and I’ve watched as many vintage fights as I can. I like u believe Marciano was very overrated also. So I’m intrigued with ur opinions and not trying to be antagonistic. But if u use absolutes on a fight that will never happen then how accurate have u been on recent ones?
          Not that I feel compelled to justify the authority of my opinion based on previous predictions, but I will since you have engaged in this discussion in an intelligent and polite way. I thought Wilder wanted to go after Breazeale to make a statement since Joshua finished him, as well. Breazeale gave me nothing to believe that he would last 12 with Wilder, who i think is very underrated in general (although not in this thread). I thought Inoue would win too, although not as quickly as he did (but I expected a body shot to end it based on his previous fights).

Of course, Wilder would have a "puncher's chance" with that right hand of his against Ali, but that would be his only chance. In terms of likelihood for success, I'd give him one or two shots (out of ten) at beating Ali with that strategy. He just telegraphs his punches often, and Ali would not fight Wilder the way Breazeale did, which was foolish.

Comment

• People love to disrespect the rich history of boxing...Its too many great punchers who knocked out other greats to be throwing statements like this out there.

Is he the biggest puncher in boxing rn or this generation is the better question

Comment

• Knocking out bums and old men don't mean that much. Who has he really knocked out cold? Ffs Fury got back up and lasted all 12. The same guy that Cunningham knocked down lol. Wilder is an overrated hype job that likes to beat no hopers like bums and old men.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bad_Guy View Post
                Not that I feel compelled to justify the authority of my opinion based on previous predictions, but I will since you have engaged in this discussion in an intelligent and polite way. I thought Wilder wanted to go after Breazeale to make a statement since Joshua finished him, as well. Breazeale gave me nothing to believe that he would last 12 with Wilder, who i think is very underrated in general (although not in this thread). I thought Inoue would win too, although not as quickly as he did (but I expected a body shot to end it based on his previous fights).

Of course, Wilder would have a "puncher's chance" with that right hand of his against Ali, but that would be his only chance. In terms of likelihood for success, I'd give him one or two shots (out of ten) at beating Ali with that strategy. He just telegraphs his punches often, and Ali would not fight Wilder the way Breazeale did, which was foolish.
                I appreciate u replying the way u did. It’s just forums are so hostile, if everyone’s last ten predictions were on the board I think that would help keep things in check as far talking down to eachother. U didn’t act hostile or anyting at but I share ur opinion on Marciano so I wanted to hear more from you. I have to agree with ur comments on Ali vs Wilder, nice to see someone show their work. Hey I’ll Brag when I nail it but being humbled can be a good story too. I truly enjoy the honest discourse, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                  it's irrefutable. He's banging guys out 30+ lbs heavier with a single punch.

you think Julian Jackson can 1 punch KO a cruiserweight?
                  I agree that Wilder is up there in terms of power but I think Breazeale was still dazed from the exchange that led to Wilder getting clipped.

That 1-2 combo was just the icing on the cake.

Fantastic KO.

Comment

• Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
                    Fury was down against Cunningham, Pakjic, Firtha and wobbled by others.
                    I don't think this is true...the Gypsy king said that he 'can't be touched'

Comment

• Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                      Knocking out bums and old men don't mean that much. Who has he really knocked out cold? Ffs Fury got back up and lasted all 12. The same guy that Cunningham knocked down lol. Wilder is an overrated hype job that likes to beat no hopers like bums and old men.
                      I’m mean uve obviously predicted all the outcomes of his fights right so far? Just let us know when he’s about to lose.

Comment

Working...
                      X