No announcement yet.

My first time in a training camp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first time in a training camp

Today I'll be starting my white collar boxing training and I'm wondering how intense it will be. I'm aware that boxing is one of the most intense sports there is and it won't be easy but just how tough is it?

I've recently done about 10-15 boxercize classes to prepare me for it, this consisted of three minute non stop punching with 15 second breaks everytime the buzzer went off after 3 minutes, 20 minutes of punching all together. Flipping a tyre over and jumping in and out of it ( I walked in and out of the hole but only because I had a bad knee and ankle) running around a small circuit with knees going up and down, sit ups, push ups, moving planks where i raise my arms up high, running on a treadmill at 8 mph for 15 minutes before a class starts to warm up myself up, some days I would do two boxercize classes in a day. I've not once had to have a time out I've always pushed myself to finish despite wanting to quit so badly.

On weekends when there are no classes I'll go for a few intense jogs until I'm pushed to my limits. I now run less of a distance I'd say about two and a half to three miles and where i run its going up big hills so it really tests me, I run it in a fast jog instead of going moderate, it's more running what I do now.

All in all do I seem some way ready for my first training camp? I'm thinking about doing runs in the morning like I've done today and have training at 7.30pm is this a good idea or would it just knacker me and ruin my performance?

Advice please

Get yourself some 2lb hand weights for shadow boxing. Once you put the weights down you will notice that you feel faster. Aswell, your shoulders will get great work if you bring punches back high. Keep those hands up no matter how tired you feel, keep 'em up.. Use the weights while you're getting your runs in... Rockin'

Comment

Try the running in the morning. You should be fine by 7pm as this will give you plenty of time to recover if you need it. Once you start sparring, this will give you a good range finder of where you’re at and where you need to go for fitness level.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        Get yourself some 2lb hand weights for shadow boxing. Once you put the weights down you will notice that you feel faster. Aswell, your shoulders will get great work if you bring punches back high. Keep those hands up no matter how tired you feel, keep 'em up.. Use the weights while you're getting your runs in... Rockin'
        Rockin in on point here

Comment

Working...
        X