Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC up for sale & Showtime about to pull the plug on boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is also the result of the Mayweather Legacy.

Ducking, Cherry picking, courting the fanboys and making them fans of you rather than of boxing. And taking so much money out of boxing and leaving many other quality fighters having nothing.

Comment

I read an article recently on the NFL Sunday Ticket contract with Directv coming up and how they are unlikely to keep it on just one service. DAZN was mentioned as a potential streaming partner for those without cable subscriptions.
      I don’t think people realize how boxing is just a small portion of their strategy. Their trying to be the next ESPN style sports content channel.
      As far as PBC goes, I hope it goes under bc it’s bad for boxing. They just want to hold belts hostage and do mostly showcase fights instead of fights people want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        I said it here: PBC can't be "up for sale" because it isn't even incorporated as a "company"...
        ... If there would be something "up for sale" this would be Haymon Sports (or Boxing)...

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
          I read an article recently on the NFL Sunday Ticket contract with Directv coming up and how they are unlikely to keep it on just one service. DAZN was mentioned as a potential streaming partner for those without cable subscriptions.
          I don’t think people realize how boxing is just a small portion of their strategy. Their trying to be the next ESPN style sports content channel.
          As far as PBC goes, I hope it goes under bc it’s bad for boxing. They just want to hold belts hostage and do mostly showcase fights instead of fights people want to see.
          ... yes ......................

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
            Top Rank and Matchroom are making the big fights?

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
              Top Rank and Matchroom are making the big fights?
              ahahaha...dont pay that clown any attention....he just hates on anything related to al haymon

haymon has made better fights than anyone in the game since he got in it.....we could go on and on about all the good fights hes made and even ones that looked crap on paper that turned out to be very entertaining and good

some of these guys hate on anything associated with haymon without studying the facts

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                Murdoch and Fox will foot the bill
                motorHO city cobra said fox is going to pours millions more into boxing doe

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Weird post. Haymon overpaying fighters is bad but ESPN and DAZN doing the same is good?
                  Who said any of that? Stop trying to derail.

Comment

Lol this isn't a big deal.

Like a prison closing, inmates don't just stop being inmates and go free, they get transferred to other institutions. CO's don't really lose their jobs, they just go be a CO in another prison.

If PBC/Showtime dies, those fighters will just go to ESPN/TR or DAZN/Hearn, with Haymon still being their adviser.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                      ahahaha...dont pay that clown any attention....he just hates on anything related to al haymon

haymon has made better fights than anyone in the game since he got in it.....we could go on and on about all the good fights hes made and even ones that looked crap on paper that turned out to be very entertaining and good

some of these guys hate on anything associated with haymon without studying the facts
                      and some on here suck Haymon’s dick for everything he does. It goes both ways on this forum

Comment

Working...
                      X