Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Promoter Caught Off Guard By IBF's Mandatory Order

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    The last IBF mandatory defense was against Dominic Wade three years ago.

The IBF has been long owed a mandatory defense, have again established their top challenger (I believe Derevyanchenko and Culcay were #1 and #2), and that challenger deserves a shot.
    BIG difference! GGG was given over TWO years and then took a guy out of retirement who never fought at MW.

Canelo is given a lil over TWO months! And he’s trying to fight someone BETTER!

Man sure are a lot of dumb fuks like this CLOWN on boxing scene...

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
      Were they surprised though? They were shttng on Golovkin going through this exact same thing a year.
      And unlike YOU I’ll sht on Canelo if he choses a guy like Rolls or Vanes also I’m not a hypocrite like you GGGTards are.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
        Clenelo Alvaroid is dropping IBF belt next
        Since when did you become such a Sergiy fan??? Ohh your not???? Then what are you doing??? Trollin and Hatin

This ass clown is the very definition of a f’n LOSER.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          this is just another inexplicable IBF decision.....

but, I kinda like it.....

it means that Canelo will have to fight Andrade next

drop the September date, move it to Oct-Nov
          That's like saying even though the Patriots are defending super bowl champs and super bowl is always in Feb and makes more money in Feb they should just move the game to January and not even wait for the other teams to finish the playoffs just because AFC says so and if you don't agree the Patriots should be stripped of their AFC title. Rather then keep the Superbowl where it is and let the playoffs play out and let the Patriots defend their championship against the team that finishes #1 from the NFC.

I know some don't understand the American football analogy but what the IBF is doing to create a roadblock to STOP the best from fighting the best and unifying all the belts literally would never happen in any other major sport. They are telling canelo don't fight better opponents that are better for the sport, that fans actually want to see. And you have to lose money and do it on a date we know you can't fight on and makes no sense for you to fight on. A date that will draw less fans, expsure for the sport and drastically less money in your pocket.

Those may and Sept dates aren't being moved they literally the Superbowl of boxing dates hell Vegas economy is basically built around those dates.

And based on the timeline canelo can't even fight Andrade next he has to agree to fight Dervy by June 15 or he is stripped. That's what is crazy the timeline they impossed Andrade doesn't fight until June 26 they won't even allow him to wait until Andrade fights to decide if he wants to unify with the WBO champ and work out that fight.

Comment

Not even a Canelo fan but this is just another example of the IBF not doing what’s best for the sport and also not doin what’s best for their own organization.

I get following their own rules to the T but F.uck they’re proven to be flawed

You’d think god forbid they do something like twerk the rules a bit to stop this from always happening. Maybe throw in a Mulligan clause the Champ can exercise once every 2 years to not have to fight the Mando without punishment.

I wasn’t aware that the IBF rules were written by Moses and set in stone and can’t be changed . Surely the people within the organization have to know the rules are flawed and hurt them and the sport but just sit there like some Dummy’s and let this happen over and over again. It’s no wonder most of the sports earners gravitate towards the other straps

Devre just fought for the cheapened version of the strap now he gets 2 shots to fight for the bastardized version of it in a span of what a year.

I doubt Canelo is going to let the IBF boss him around hes already told the WBC to suck his horses d.ick because he knows he doesn’t need straps.The IBF think he’s going to tell them to go over to his stable and do the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              That's like saying even though the Patriots are defending super bowl champs and super bowl is always in Feb and makes more money in Feb they should just move the game to January and not even wait for the other teams to finish the playoffs just because AFC says so and if you don't agree the Patriots should be stripped of their AFC title. Rather then keep the Superbowl where it is and let the playoffs play out and let the Patriots defend their championship against the team that finishes #1 from the NFC.

I know some don't understand the American football analogy but what the IBF is doing to create a roadblock to STOP the best from fighting the best and unifying all the belts literally would never happen in any other major sport. They are telling canelo don't fight better opponents that are better for the sport, that fans actually want to see. And you have to lose money and do it on a date we know you can't fight on and makes no sense for you to fight on. A date that will draw less fans, expsure for the sport and drastically less money in your pocket.

Those may and Sept dates aren't being moved they literally the Superbowl of boxing dates hell Vegas economy is basically built around those dates.

And based on the timeline canelo can't even fight Andrade next he has to agree to fight Dervy by June 15 or he is stripped. That's what is crazy the timeline they impossed Andrade doesn't fight until June 26 they won't even allow him to wait until Andrade fights to decide if he wants to unify with the WBO champ and work out that fight.
              Man Canelo just threw $100,000++ down the drain paying the IBF sanction fees???

Well dumb fuks just cost them future 6 figure payouts now.

Comment

So all he has to do is fight Andrade which he wanted to do in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
                  I wonder if Haymon wrote this ruling.
                  Hahah Al Harmon and Lou DiBella have set up a meeting next week!

Canelo hasn’t even RECEIVED his belt from the IBF yet!

I hope his sanction fee check to the IBF hasn’t cleared yet if I was him I would cancel that check and SUE the IBF. This stinks of CORRUPTION

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
                    So all he has to do is fight Andrade which he wanted to do in the first place.
                    The IBF is threatening to strip Canelo if he doesn't have a agreement to fight Dervy by June 15. And that fight has to take place before Aug 4. So how can Canelo possibly fight Andrade who doesn't defend his WBO belt until June 26?

Based on the letter IBF just sent and their own rules the only possible way for Canelo to fight Andrade is if he gets on the horn and convinces Andrade to scrap his title defense on June 26 which is in his own home town and built around him you can't scrap it and replace it with another fight you would have to scrap the entire card. But let ignore that and say Canelo convincing Andrade to not fight on June 26 and they negotiate a deal now before the June 15 IBF deadline. Even then based on this ridiculous stance by the IBF we don't even know if they will still allow Canelo to fight Andrade and keep their belt. IBF hasn't come out and stated that for all we know they could still enforce him fighting Dervy next or strip him.
                    Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-16-2019, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      Since when did you become such a Sergiy fan??? Ohh your not???? Then what are you doing??? Trollin and Hatin

This ass clown is the very definition of a f’n LOSER.
                      I don't understand why you call Clenelo a loser, he won his last fight didn't he? You are just a hating bytch

Comment

Working...
                      X