Comments Thread For: Matt Korobov, Immanuwel Aleem Ends in Majority Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
    Charlo should of did an immediate rematch. Would of been an easy W
    Nobody cares about Jermall since he went to middleweight. He lost to korobov during his streak of only fighting bums and everyone except u forgot about him. He’s fighting his 4th bum in a row and no one cares.

Comment

Did Ko get paid way more than when he fought Mal?

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
        I agree that Korobov deserved the win and not a draw, but how did you come up with a 8-4 score in a 10 rounder?
        Lmao he didn’t watch the fight obviously. No way you can make that mistake if you were watching and scoring the fight.

Comment

Fight really wasn't even close

Comment

Korobov Robbed!

This is exactly the kind of fight that poor judging makes fans of boxing sick to their stomachs. The fight wasn't even close! Korobov was pitching a shutout through seven rounds and landing more accurate punches. He should have been awarded the knockdown in the 6th...and even if Aleem...out of desperation won the last three rounds...so what...he lost seven of the ten and landed less than 25 percent of his punches! Korobov finished poorly, but he still did more than enough to win that fight. It breaks my heart because I love boxing...yet I can't help but think that behind closed doors deals are made and judges are just plain corrupt. I shouldn't feel this way...but I do. And unfortunately, the only mistake Korobov made was not finishing strong and leaving it to the judges.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
              At least Oscar has his cards filled out right beforehand
              you still crying over ggg losing to his daddy canelo

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                Because Charlo has low boxing IQ.

Charlo is good at applying mental pressure because he's always there and the punches you land on him don't do nothing to that granite chin. He also has mad power so the opponent is always under that mental pressure.

But he's absolutely useless at applying physical pressure despite his great size and strength advantage. He easily gets caught in clinches and doesn't know how to work out of a clinch. He doesn't do enough work on the inside and doesn't have enough punch variation (no body shots) and his output is too low.

He also doesn't cut the ring off very well. Too many times opponents, especially slick southpaws can hit him clean and then get away without immediate retaliation. Not being first to the punch is also another of his problems.

Charlo needs to be first to the punch, and he needs to learn to cut off the ring and not get caught in clinches when he does cut it, or if he does get caught, learn to work within the clinch or break it entirely.

He has great physical talent but he needs a lot of work. I would suggest changing his trainer too.
                Good post, I agree with almost all of that and we see Charlo the same way. At 160 he may be the most physically gifted there, but boxing skills wise I put him a couple levels below the other top guys at 160.

He is young though and may be able to improve. Just still a little surprised he could not wear out Korobov in 12 rounds since I would think he could provide more pressure than Aleem does, especially since he gassed in like the 6th round there. Not completely sold on Charlo's chin yet since he hasn't been in with a big puncher but I haven't seen him hurt yet either.

I give him a puncher's chance against anyone at 160. I still rate GGG very high but I almost feel that is his best matchup at 160 right now. Charlo may be able to take advantage of the age and quickness advantage there and catch GGG with something.

Hopefully the top guys at 160 continue to mix it up. Would love to see Andrade/GGG and Charlo/Jacobs with Canelo obviously in there as well. Should get some good fights with most of those guys with DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
                  you still crying over ggg losing to his daddy canelo
                  Can you show one (1) post of me "crying" about the fight?

Just one, that's all.

Otherwise, shut your stupid mouth, stupid troll

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                    Korobov should have 2 wins on his record but if you are a European fighter fighting one of Haymons "brothers" you will not get the victory, no matter what. They did it to Fury, they do it to Korobov.
                    Shut your f@ggot ass up pussie. Charlo clearly beat him and he looked horrible the second half last night. I would smack the shyt out your hoe ass in person

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet_Science2 View Post
                      Shut your f@ggot ass up pussie. Charlo clearly beat him and he looked horrible the second half last night. I would smack the shyt out your hoe ass in person
                      Yeah, right. You ain't slapping sheit...

Comment

Working...
                      X