No announcement yet.

So GDP growth for 2018 was 2.9%

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by man down View Post
    They also said the market would crash when Trump got into office.
    Just sayin.
    Well I said it would go down. Crash was unlikely as the economy was booming. Economy is like a sailing ship can’t stop on a dime and takes a while to do so. I believe the economist that say there will be a recession by next year. Further I personally don’t believe in trickle down economics. Don’t think it works. So I expect a downturn too.

I very much hope a downturn doesn’t happen. I like the economy the way it’s been.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
      Well I said it would go down. Crash was unlikely as the economy was booming. Economy is like a sailing ship can’t stop on a dime and takes a while to do so. I believe the economist that say there will be a recession by next year. Further I personally don’t believe in trickle down economics. Don’t think it works. So I expect a downturn too.

I very much hope a downturn doesn’t happen. I like the economy the way it’s been.
      Im not talking about what you said, Im talking about what the "experts" said.
      https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...markets-230164

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-if-trump-won/

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...ted-2016-10-31

Comment

They also said the market would crash when Trump got into office.
        Just sayin.
        Gruber didn't call them stupid for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
          Real wages have been stagnant for decades, I never said Obama did better on the issue.
          Yes, I said that the numbers under Trump are up when compared to Obama.

Because that's relevant to my point.

My point is that wages are up under Trump after going down under Obama. That's obviously true, as you've resorted to semantics.

Now you want to play Gotcha! and use a different metric. That's fine, but then you need to compare how Trump did under that metric vs how Obama did, so we can see if the metric is up under Trump.

Please try and keep up here.

Now, please cite the numbers and we can see if that metric of measuring wages is up under Trump when compared to Obama. ("Real wages" iirc)

The goal is to see which President's economic policy is doing better for American workers, not 'win' an online argument. Dont forget that crucial fact.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

The goal is to see which President's economic policy is doing better for American workers, not 'win' an online argument. Dont forget that crucial fact.
            The only person trying to "win" is you.

You and the rest of club stupid claim wages are up but in reality real wages are down/stagnant. See above source.

The bragging points of "booming economy" and jobs jobs jobs just shows its all a house of cards with the recent declining of GDP.

Right wing "booming" economy: Wages down, tax revenue down, healthcare is a disaster, student loan crisis. Please stop with the fake talking points already.

And I already told you I digress on the issue because of you crying gotcha all the time, and what did you do in the very next post after saying no gotcha? You'd cried gotcha.
            Last edited by Lords; 03-05-2019, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Why would anyone debate a Coulter like 1bad?

Comment

Every real economists say the economy will slow next year. I’ll believe them before I believe 1bad et al. I’d wager 1k to any forum ****** like 1sad or hoel olesteen. Let’s bet dummies. I’d paypaled forum members money when I lost bets. I’d get them to Vouch. So long up.
                1bad is a coward but i haven't seem him made claims about this year.

JimRaynor believes it will reach 3% for this year. He says he won't bet with me. i believe he is just scared. See if he will take your bet.

Comment

Do you think the economy will reach 3% for 2019?

Comment

Yes but rates always go up when economy is good. That’s why it’s rare to see 4-5 percent growth in a year. When economy is terrible the rates drop. It all equalizes to an extent.
                    Dat Obama economy doe... Rock bottom! Doe Jones was going up while the fed was keeping the rate at 0.25%. The first raise to 0.5% in 2016 and you can see how the Dow dipped right away. He was so protected by the fed it’s insane.

Last edited by Vlad_; 03-05-2019, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
                      The only person trying to "win" is you.

You and the rest of club stupid claim wages are up but in reality real wages are down/stagnant. See above source.

The bragging points of "booming economy" and jobs jobs jobs just shows its all a house of cards with the recent declining of GDP.

Right wing "booming" economy: Wages down, tax revenue down, healthcare is a disaster, student loan crisis. Please stop with the fake talking points already.

And I already told you I digress on the issue because of you crying gotcha all the time, and what did you do in the very next post after saying no gotcha? You'd cried gotcha.
                      "I know you are but what am I" is not an adult response, and obviously not what I asked you for.

I need you to cite "real wage" growth/loss under Trump vs that same metric under Obama in order to compare policy.

Get a move on, please.

Remember, this is the metric you chose.

We're at that point again where I must be stern to you. In your next post I need data as requested, nothing else.

If you reply and cite no data, you are gumming up my Notifications with nonsense and will have to placed on ignore.

Remember, always move the discourse forward, not in endless circles.

Comment

Working...
                      X