Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Verdejo-Vasquez For WBA "Gold" Title on Crawford-Khan Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Verdejo-Vasquez For WBA "Gold" Title on Crawford-Khan Card

Hector Fernandez de Cordova of Fercobox has advised BoxingScene.com that his fighter Bryan Vasquez (37-3) will face Felix Verdejo (24-1) for the WBA "Gold" lightweight title on April 20th. Both fighters are promoted by Top Rank who is the lead promoter of the event.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Why doesn't Bob make Lopez vs Verdejo instead?

Comment

Can someone tell me what in the **** the gold title is

Comment

Gold-Interim-Regular-Super

WTF is wrong with the WBA? And how is Verdejo getting any sort of shot at a title even if it is a bogus title?

Comment

Damn that the like 4th WBA gold fight now , I guess you can now add the WBA gold as a thing

Comment

Sounds good! Could be seen as a tournament @ 135! However, Commey is missing, so I don't know how all that happens! Looking forward to Easter Jr. vs. Barthelemy! Probably the 2 largest @ 135! Jose Pedraza, MAN UP! Teofimo is waiting!

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
              Can someone tell me what in the **** the gold title is
              These guys have no shame it really is unreal.Boy it would be nice to get ALL the alfa bit boys and a few promoters on one cruise with a small hole in ship just enough to get them too middle of the sea and.....Well you know the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
                Gold-Interim-Regular-Super

WTF is wrong with the WBA? And how is Verdejo getting any sort of shot at a title even if it is a bogus title?
                What we as fans can do is write in to EVERY writer who calls one of these guys champ even my homeboy Brant who is the regular champ.Write in and tell them they are ruining the sport.Back in the late 80s thru the 90s most mags would not even mention WBO(which started in 88 I believe and it took them a long time to get to where they were part of the big three.All it would take is the BWAA saying no member should even name ANYONE as champ that don't hold one of the big 4.Jeez cant believe id be happy with JUST four SMDH.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                  Why doesn't Bob make Lopez vs Verdejo instead?
                  Arum invested alot in Verdejo and isnt ready to cash out on him just yet. Puerto Rican market is big and he still has hopes for Verdejo.

Vasquez fight excites me alot. This is his last chance to redeem himself.

Comment

Have been trying for months for the WBA to explain the gold title to me, but they refuse.

When I talk to PBC about it, they insist they don't know what it is and that I need to talk to the WBA.

As best I can tell, it appears the WBA is trying to phase out interim titles in favor of gold titles. There's such a stink on the WBA's interim titles after a long period of crowning an interim champion in every weight class, that they're trying to put a new coat of paint on things by introducing a new title to essentially be the permanent interim title in each weight class.

Comment

Working...
                    X