Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are posters so concerned about GGG being HANDED another title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are posters so concerned about GGG being HANDED another title?

It will be a paper title,he still won't be a draw and he will have no career defining belts on his resume.. What does him getting handed yet another worthless belt prove? He still will not be Lineal champ not Ring champ. Canelo can just sit there and bring fighters up from 154 and make a killing..GGG is going to have to make a crucial decision here because Canelo honestly does not need him at all.

If GGG holds a the belts he can have more leverage. As meaningless as they are they still hold power unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
      If GGG holds a the belts he can have more leverage. As meaningless as they are they still hold power unfortunately
      More leverage to fight whom? another mandatory who isnt worth a damn?

Comment

Comment

To other guys, yeah.

When talking with guys like Canelo though, it's irrelevant. You can have every belt and he's still the far bigger name and draw who will dictate the terms of any potential fight.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            To other guys, yeah.

When talking with guys like Canelo though, it's irrelevant. You can have every belt and he's still the far bigger name and draw who will dictate the terms of any potential fight.
            I understand. But guys like Canelo, Mayweather , Cotto are but a very small handful of guys who don't need a belt. Most others do and with this GGG can lure other fighters to fighting him.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              More leverage to fight whom? another mandatory who isnt worth a damn?
              Yes another mandatory if Nelo and others won't fight him.
              However I suspect if he had all the belts many whom aren't willing to fight him now will suddenly get courageous. As stated in one of my post there are only a small handful of fighters who can sell without any trinket. Most need a belt

Comment

I understand. But guys like Canelo, Mayweather , Cotto are but a very small handful of guys who don't need a belt. Most others do and with this GGG can lure other fighters to fighting him.
                I agree with that, but isn't the point for GGG to begin to fight the level of guys who don't care about the belt? He's already big enough of a name for that next level of guy to decide to fight him or not to and I don't think getting another belt changes the minds of people like Quillin-Jacobs or Lee-Saunders.

Comment

Hopefully Canelo won't be a giant pu ssy and actually fights his mandatory so we can avoid this problem. Hopefully boxing fans one day stop supporting the act of ducking. Canelo "doesn't need Golovkin". Is that what boxing has become?

Comment

Being the mandatory is leverage to getting this fight signed. I don't understand what the problem is. Canelo is going to be the biggest money fight he'll ever have and it'll be against a top 10 fighter if it can get made.

Comment

Working...
                    X