Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> LOSING to Orlando Salido excludes you from P4P #1 status when...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
    Are you arguing that Calzaghe is better than Jones and Hopkins?
    WELL, he managed to remain undefeated, so by your logic, yes, he's greater than jones and nard.

Or are we just setting double standards here?

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      Menayothin is undefeated in 50 fights.

Wilder undefeated too.

I guess they rank higher P4P than Loma?
      Dude, Menayothin is TBE. As far as I know, all 50 were against actual boxers.

Comment

Broner is a *4* division World Champion who has never lost to an Orlando Salido level opponent.

4 > 3

Deal with that too.

LOL..
        Maybe because he didn't fight a Salido in his second pro fight,
        and fought David Huffman who was 0-1 and ended his career 4-22-1...

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
          WELL, he managed to remain undefeated, so by your logic, yes, he's greater than jones and nard.
          Sorry but I *never* used that logic.

Try again..

Comment

Another nuthugger who thinks a win over Linares caliber fighters warrants P4P #1 status.

YDKSAB...
            Who is better on Crawford's or Mikeys resume? I'm a fan of all 3, but you just seem like you are biased and hate Loma.

Comment

So to be clear, did the OP ever give his reason or criteria in which a fighter can become p4p #1 ?? I'm not sure how he judges it

Is it undefeated? Is how many belts youve acquired in each division? Do you have to have more than (specifically) 12 professional fights? I'm confused as to what rubric he's using. Please share.

Comment

Don't think that's fair.

Yeah he lost to Salido and people do try and pretend that didn't happen but let's put it in context, it was his 2nd pro fight and he's fighting a big, strong, experienced rough world champion, probably the worst style you could ask for at that stage of your career. And Salido whilst passed his best was still a really good underrated champion and extremely rough and crafty so a guy with 1 pro fight.

Add to that, the fight was razor close and could have gone either way.

So there's no shame in losing that fight.

And Lomachenko has come on leaps and bounds since then. He is a seasoned pro now and a totally different fighter.

Comment

Pound for pound is just personal opinion on how good you think a particular boxer is for his weight. You don't have to rank Loma at all if you don't think he deserves it. However you don't get to tell anybody else where Loma is pound for pound. It doesn't matter if he has 50 loses if someone thinks he is number 1 now they have every right to put him there and you don't have any say in the matter. Make your own PFP list anyway you choose but don't try to run anybody else's list. Fuk off, hater.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    To be honest, I am not entirely sure what the requirements are to be on a P4P list.
                    P4P doesn't mean sht.

We should have only one belt in 8 divisions like in the old school with 8 true champions and maybe we could stop P4P fantasy lists between multiple paper belt holders.

Look a guy like Broner, he's a 4 div world champion but never beat a top 5 fighter (I considerate THE ELITE TOP 5 guys in a division) in any of those divisions.

I mean, his best wins are Paulie and De Marco (I won't count Ponce since his a.ss lost IMO)

Broner is exactly the exemple of what is wrong in boxing, except one point I will give to AB, he's not a ducker and took some tough challenges...Maidana, Porter, Garcia...BUT lost all of them.

That sht is border line a mix between Jersey shore and WWE. Pro Boxing is a non sport.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                      You’re aware we’re now in 2018 right ? He lost three months into in 2014. Lomachenko is absolutely the pound for pound no.1, it’s really indisputable but if you’re really wanting to question convince an entire forum what Crawford has done that Loma has not.
                      Shut the fùck up you stupid troll.

Comment

Working...
                      X