Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker vs. Hughie Fury Now in Manchester, September 23

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Thats the mystery of the f#cking year.

I think its gotta be Fred Kassi as f#cking nuts as that is to say outloud cuz he's not fought since Kassi in a year & that was for some bs low level WBO title.

I've been dogging Pulev & Lipinets for their mandatory shots, but those title shots look legit compared to Hughie's.
    I hear what you're saying but it's not like Parker's title is legit anyways. I mean he's not a real world champion. He's a contender for sure but nothing more.
    Parker beat Andy Ruiz for a vacant title which may as well be one of those ridiculous WBA "regular" belts. He looked pretty poor throughout and was lucky he scraped by with the decision.
    Parker got a home town decision and now Hughie Lewis is looking for one.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourrun View Post
      same one that passed on joshua and wilder. Thanks to cousin tyson he gets to pick the weakest champion of his choice in his country with the crowd and refs on his side.
      i think parker should fight bellew since thats a bigger fight for a bigger paycheck!

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
        I hear what you're saying but it's not like Parker's title is legit anyways. I mean he's not a real world champion. He's a contender for sure but nothing more.
        Parker beat Andy Ruiz for a vacant title which may as well be one of those ridiculous WBA "regular" belts. He looked pretty poor throughout and was lucky he scraped by with the decision.
        Parker got a home town decision and now Hughie Lewis is looking for one.
        We can dick measure everyone, but Hughie gots the smallest one lets be straight. And thats all I'm saying. I mean getting a mandatory off of a Fred Kassi W is f#cking nuts. Or feel free to show me who's gotten a mandatory shot with a worst opponent then Hughie if you disagree.

Go f#ck yourself WBO & abc belts in general for that bs.

Comment

Wow. Looks like Parker is willing to do whatever it takes to get that aj fight. Smart move from him.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun
            A prospect is the 'A' side here - yes a prospect! who did Hughie beat for this opportunity? I do remember he ducked 'Big Baby' Miller for the eliminator and STILL got the mandatory spot. These Brits are to be blamed for this, sickening really.
            British fighters are the A side. Deal with it.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              A prospect is the 'A' side here - yes a prospect! who did Hughie beat for this opportunity? I do remember he ducked 'Big Baby' Miller for the eliminator and STILL got the mandatory spot. These Brits are to be blamed for this, sickening really.
              Hughie was just lucky with the circumstances.

The WBO planned to have a heavyweight tournament for the title with Parker, Ruiz, Fury and Big Baby I believe, but Hughie refused to take part it in knowing that if it didn't happen then Parker would face Ruiz for the vacant title and then he would be next in the rankings as both Haye and Klitschko already had fights lined up. T'was scummy, but i'm pretty sure most would do the same in that situation... after all, why risk losing a title shot? Especially considering i'm doubtful he'd beat Miller.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                The fight is scheduled in the UK this time cuz the acne bacteria on Hughie's back weren't able to attain a passport to enter Australia last time I heard.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  That it's more than $3 million?
                  I doubt it. Cod eyes warren is too cheap for that. Plus the offer to wilder was closer to $4 mil including tv rights

Comment

This "Opportunities" is very bizarre to me, firstly how he got this opportunity (as a mandatory) in the first place, secondly how he got another opportunity after not going ahead with his own mandatory, and finally how he got the champion to come over here to defend his belt against the mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                      Wow. Looks like Parker is willing to do whatever it takes to get that aj fight. Smart move from him.
                      Not really, H.Fury and AJ have no connection whatsoever apart from the other Fury. They don't have an promotional connection to Hearn who has been promoting Joshua.

So even if Parker wins its not like he would be in line for Joshua, if Parker was fighting one of Joshua stablemates then i can understand that point.

But at least the UK would probably see another HW beltholder in Parker. Only problem is not a lot of casual fans know who Hughie is over here.

Comment

Working...
                      X