Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Lomachenko ruined his career by signing a 5 year contract with Top Rank?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lomachenko is the top dog at 126 and no one else. he can easily unify and become the wbo and wba champ.

fans will demand gary russel or lee selby fight lomachenko. their stocks will go down if they avoid lomachenko (same situation with stevenson and quillin).

Comment

Haymon's beltholders at 126 are a bunch of scrubs so nothing lost really.
      His best guy is probably Fairy Russell and we already saw how that fight went.
      Quality>Quantity

Comment

People always say this but the reality is new contenders emerge every year.

With Top Rank he has a potential to fight Rigo and Walters. The best guys at 122 and 126 respectively. If he decides to move up, there are options there as well.

So while Selby, Gonzalez and Russell have belts it's unclear if they'll remain champions for another 2 or 3 years.

Comment

Idk about all the dynamics with opponent selection based on affiliation, but imo anyone with the upside of Loma shouldn't be signing a deal for such a long period of time. I suppose 32 isn't THAT old, but with him already holding a title I feel like a 2-3 year deal would've been best for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Shpacman View Post
            He is 27 now, so the next 5 years will be his peak years. And Al Haymon has all belts in 57 except WBO. And soon he will have most belts in 59, I expect.
            So with high probability mostof top boxers will be unavailable for Lomachenko for next 5 years.
            Does it seem only to me that he has ruined his career by signing such a long contract with Top Rank?
            You are correct.

Gvozdyk and Mekhontsev have likewise ruined their careers. And Top Rank ruined Korobov and Zewski.

Loma, Gvozdyk and Mekhontsev need to break away from Arum.

Wisest move Floyd Mayweather ever made was break away from old Arum and become the master of his own destiny.

Comment

He is 27 now, so the next 5 years will be his peak years. And Al Haymon has all belts in 57 except WBO. And soon he will have most belts in 59, I expect.
              So with high probability mostof top boxers will be unavailable for Lomachenko for next 5 years.
              Does it seem only to me that he has ruined his career by signing such a long contract with Top Rank?
              What is 57 and 59?????

Comment

He will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  What is 57 and 59?????
                  126 pounds ~= 57 kg, 130 pounds ~= 59 kg

Comment

How will Haymon control 130? The only two belts that matter there are held by Japanese fighters who'd literally have zero interest

Their rematch is gonna be big

Comment

126 pounds ~= 57 kg, 130 pounds ~= 59 kg
                      :AOR:

Comment

Working...
                      X