Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Real Reason Pacquiao-Mayweather Fell Apart?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
    Ken Porter, who trains his undefeated junior middleweight son, said he was not as surprised as most that the ballyhooed megamatch between Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. fell apart, reportedly over drug-testing issues.

"No, not at all," said Porter, who thinks both fighters wanted more time to prepare before the proposed March 13 date. "We were with Manny after [the Cotto fight in November]. We rode the team bus four hours back to Los Angeles. He had some injuries. The body needs time to heal and it would have been too soon to go against Mayweather.

'"It will happen eventually," Porter said. "But you don't know what's going to happen in between. Then they will build it up."

I looked for this with the search and didn't find it. Ken Porter's take on this sounds feasible, but it would mean all that posturing was for nothing. Why would this be ignored?
    the only reason why the fight didn't come off is that floyd is a coward and won't fight anyone he thinks he can't beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
      the only reason why the fight didn't come off is that floyd is a coward and won't fight anyone he thinks he can't beat.

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
        This is ridiculous. All Mayweather had to do is to drop the PED testing demands. It's not like Pac disagreed completely. As a local Nevada news says during the early negotiations, Pac agreed far and above the current testing rules.

In my understanding, the FM team made the first move. March 13, they challenged. (This knowing full well that Pac has just been through a difficult fight with Cotto. Not to mention Pac was deep into politics.) This got Arum excited and went to Manila to convince Pac. Pac said yes. All of a sudden, the mudslinging and vicious accusations started, c/o Mayweather team. It's as if they're surprised that Pac agreed to the March date.

Bottom line is the slandering from the PB camp made the negotiations difficult. In the end we have one on the other end so pissed that he's no longer interested in listening.
        1. Mayweather agreed to far and above the penalty to coming in overweight. When you enter serious negotiations, you have to be prepared to make concessions (if you're serious about making the fight).

2. Mayweather wanted May 1st from the beginning, Pacquiao and Arum are the ones that wanted the March 13th date because of the politics issue, to which Mayweather agreed.

3. The "vicious accusations" started even before the negotiations.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
          This honestly makes the most sense.

Both fighters would have to train a lot longer in preparation for each other.

Still, it would have been easier to just outright say they needed more time rather than making Pacquiao look dirty to some people.
          what the **** did you just read. he stated tha Pac and roach needed more time to prepare for FLoyd. FLoyd was ready, dont try and flip this like yall love to do.

they got exposed and pac looks like the cheater he is for not exceptign the test

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post

Comment

This is ridiculous. All Mayweather had to do is to drop the PED testing demands. It's not like Pac disagreed completely. As a local Nevada news says during the early negotiations, Pac agreed far and above the current testing rules.

In my understanding, the FM team made the first move. March 13, they challenged. (This knowing full well that Pac has just been through a difficult fight with Cotto. Not to mention Pac was deep into politics.) This got Arum excited and went to Manila to convince Pac. Pac said yes. All of a sudden, the mudslinging and vicious accusations started, c/o Mayweather team. It's as if they're surprised that Pac agreed to the March date.

Bottom line is the slandering from the PB camp made the negotiations difficult. In the end we have one on the other end so pissed that he's no longer interested in listening.
              yes he disagreed completely being that he didnt acept and testing will never come off the table

Comment

Why is it ridiculous??? Because what i wrote doesnt make Pac look like a god, All Mayweather had to do was drop the PED test(What PED test?) ?? Pac refuse testing period, Saying he agreed far and above the current testing is fine but the current testing is a joke according to the people who run the testing themselves, and agreeing to a test with a cut off days (24) isnt really trying.

Team Mayweather made the first move to negotiate for a fight when Roach started the campaign saying Mayweather didnt want to fight them on March 13th so they would be fighting Foreman, At the end of the day the actions of Team Pac/top ranks makes me feel like they realise the fight was too soon for Pac and they try to pull the 10M card which didnt work.

They pull out of negotiation, In a very dodgy coincidence Clottey pulled out of his own fight 3 weeks before that..The neutral boxing fans arent stupid, We know whats going on and we are not tied to one fighter.
                Last edited by Ray*; 02-17-2010, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray` View Post
                  Why is it ridiculous??? Because what i wrote doesnt make Pac look like a god, All Mayweather had to do was drop the PED test(What PED test?) ?? Pac refuse testing period, Saying he agreed far and above the current testing is fine but the current testing is a joke according to the people who run the testing themselves, and agreeing to a test with a cut off days (24) isnt really trying.

Team Mayweather made the first move to negotiate for a fight when Roach started the campaign saying Mayweather didnt want to fight them on March 13th so they would be fighting Foreman, At the end of the day the actions of Team Pac/top ranks makes me feel like they realise the fight was too soon for Pac and they try to pull the 10M card which didnt work.

They pull out of negotiation, In a very dodgy coincidence Clottey pulled out of his own fight 3 weeks before that..The neutral boxing fans arent stupid, We know whats going on and we are not tied to one fighter.
                  If you believe that the current testing rules are a joke why change the rules only now? Give me your best explanation for that. Link me to a post of yours where you complain about the current rules. You are a joke yourself. Wake the f*** up. Where is the evidence linking Pac with PEDs? Show me.

Comment

If you believe that the current testing rules are a joke why change the rules only now? Give me your best explanation for that. Link me to a post of yours where you complain about the current rules. You are a joke yourself. Wake the f*** up. Where is the evidence linking Pac with PEDs? Show me.
                    and the rules are changing now b/c its the biggest fight that can be made in boxing, the mayweathers and other boxers suspect pac is on something so floyd entered the drug testing clause to make sure the playing field was level. which he should if he suspects any wrong doing

where was the evidence linking shane to peds when he was using them?

just leave that line alone b/c shanes name will always come as a couter argument

Comment

(1) Read my post again and you would see the word "According" to the people who do the test themselves consider it a joke.

(2) And where in my post ever on boxingscene did i ever accuse Pac of PED or whatever you call it??

It seem you cant have a normal intellectual conversation of discussion without some of you guys throwing your toy out of your pram, Give the "Manny was accuse" BS a rest.

Do you think people are really that stupid on why Clottey sudden cancel his fight 3 weeks before the Mayweather/Pacquiao negotiation ran into trouble??

Comment

Working...
                      X