No announcement yet.

Mayweather's Pot-Shotting is Impossible to Stop

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather's Pot-Shotting is Impossible to Stop

Mayweather is the best pot shotter in boxing today...he owned Oscar with it, he owned Hatton with it, he embarrassed Marquez with it....how the **** can pacquiao stop it??? imo he can't...Pacmans footwork doesn't mean **** against Mayweather because most of pacquiao's opponents stood right in front of him and traded, Cotto, morales, barrera, hatton....the only reason pacquiao was able to get different angles was because his opponents stood in front of him

...Mayweather will be circling and pot shotting, how can you get different angles when the guy is gonna be running??? people keep talking about how pacquiao's volume of punches will win the fight....wtf...you think mayweather will just lay on the ropes and let pacquiao pick him off with flurries??? ****ing stupid....re watch the Hatton fight....everytime Hatton tried to throw volume punches Mayweather tied him up....

I will bump this thread March 13 to prove i have the highest Boxing IQ on this site

Originally posted by The Stone Roses View Post
    Mayweather is the best pot shotter in boxing today...he owned Oscar with it, he owned Hatton with it, he embarrassed Marquez with it....how the **** can pacquiao stop it??? imo he can't...Pacmans footwork doesn't mean **** against Mayweather because most of pacquiao's opponents stood right in front of him and traded, Cotto, morales, barrera, hatton....the only reason pacquiao was able to get different angles was because his opponents stood in front of him

...Mayweather will be circling and pot shotting, how can you get different angles when the guy is gonna be running??? people keep talking about how pacquiao's volume of punches will win the fight....wtf...you think mayweather will just lay on the ropes and let pacquiao pick him off with flurries??? ****ing stupid....re watch the Hatton fight....everytime Hatton tried to throw volume punches Mayweather tied him up....

I will bump this thread March 13 to prove i have the highest Boxing IQ on this site
    You are entitled to your opinion and all, and Floyd has never been figured out, but what you said in bold... i mean, come on now, really? boxing IQ based on something so simple? talk about being captain obvious and basing high boxing IQ on that.

Even a ****** can do that, and still won't be able to claim a high boxing IQ.

Comment

There is an argument for Floyd sure, but allow me to present the other side of the coin..:

I invite you to watch three fights.

Floyd Vs Emanuel Augustus
      Floyd Vs Jesus Chavez (the second one)
      Floy Vs Zab Judah

Against Emanuel, punch resistance was upsetting Floyd. Floyd severely hurt his right hand and was a one handed fighter by the time he closed out that fight. In the Chavez fight, swarming smothering style got Floyd a bit out of his comfort zone. Chavez didn't want to let Floyd breathe. Consequently, Letterman gave about half that fight to Chavez. Floyd said in the post interview that Chavez punched alot, but not that hard.

Which brings us to Zab Judah... a strong, fast southpaw that gave Floyd fits early in their fight, and even arguably scored a kd.

Pac has qualities of all those guys, except he has two things Floyd has NEVER faced. His level of footwork and footspeed, and someone with legendary conditioning of Pac.

Comment

I think this will be the toughest part of the fight for manny. when cotto hopped on his bike and pop shoted, manny got pissed and was getin tagged all over. If floyd uses this strategy it could be a blow out. either way im going to bet on the underdog in this fight.

Comment

Flawless + Highest Boxing IQ = Herpes

Comment

Originally posted by deeznutz27 View Post
            I think this will be the toughest part of the fight for manny. when cotto hopped on his bike and pop shoted, manny got pissed and was getin tagged all over. If floyd uses this strategy it could be a blow out. either way im going to bet on the underdog in this fight.
            It will be a shut out.....

To quote Lampley or Steward

"When Floyd fights like that (pot shotting)...its not a fair fight and hes immpossible to beat"

Steward or Lampley said that.

Theyre right.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
              There is an argument for Floyd sure, but allow me to present the other side of the coin..:

I invite you to watch three fights.

Floyd Vs Emanuel Augustus
              Floyd Vs Jesus Chavez (the second one)
              Floy Vs Zab Judah

Against Emanuel, punch resistance was upsetting Floyd. Floyd severely hurt his right hand and was a one handed fighter by the time he closed out that fight. In the Chavez fight, swarming smothering style got Floyd a bit out of his comfort zone. Chavez didn't want to let Floyd breathe. Consequently, Letterman gave about half that fight to Chavez. Floyd said in the post interview that Chavez punched alot, but not that hard.

Which brings us to Zab Judah... a strong, fast southpaw that gave Floyd fits early in their fight, and even arguably scored a kd.

Pac has qualities of all those guys, except he has two things Floyd has NEVER faced. His level of footwork and footspeed, and someone with legendary conditioning of Pac.
              i've seen all those fights and Mayeather has grown as a fighter since then....if pacquiao comes in with a gameplan based on those fights and expects to see the same weaknesses in Mayweather's game, then he will be in for a shock.....pacquiao has to come up with something entirely new, my guess will be a counter right hand to mayweather's jab to the body........as for the judah fight, mayweather let judah dictate the pace in the early rounds because he knew Judah would gas out

Comment

Ok Teddy Atlast, you're saying this will be a complete shut out?

Comment

i've seen all those fights and Mayeather has grown as a fighter since then....if pacquiao comes in with a gameplan based on those fights and expects to see the same weaknesses in Mayweather's game, then he will be in for a shock.....pacquiao has to come up with something entirely new, my guess will be a counter right hand to mayweather's jab to the body........as for the judah fight, mayweather let judah dictate the pace in the early rounds because he knew Judah would gas out
                  He has grown as a fighter, I agree. As has Pac. But with both fighters, they have bases that they grew from, that have essentially remained constant.

Punch resistance can still upset Floyd... you can't grow out of that. he can easily hurt his hands on Pac's dome... His hands are notoriously fragile. And he cannot beat Pac one handed like he has other fighters.

A swarming, smothering style can still trouble Floyd. Castillo was all about smothering, if not swarming, and he had pretty good success in their first fight..

The southpaw angle may be what Floyd is MOST prepared for. He's trying to get Zab as a sparring partner and etc, but it will still be a factor on some level. Because the shoulder roll doesn't do particularly well against left hand dominant fighters.

My point is if you add all that stuff together, you get Pac.

And then, Floyd has never faced anyone with pac's footwork, and footspeed...or conditioning. No question

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                    Ok Teddy Atlast, you're saying this will be a complete shut out?
                    Teddy Atlas isn't nothing but a motivational speaker...he doesn't know ****e...every time i hear his commentary i laugh...that guy is a joke....I've got Floyd winning by 4 or 5 rounds or a knockout

Comment

Working...
                    X