Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins is no longer on Boxrec's P4P list or listed as a LHW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopkins is no longer on Boxrec's P4P list or listed as a LHW?

Has anyone noticed this? It seems all the sudden, they've completely removed him from the P4P list and they've also removed him from the LHW rankings? Does anyone know the reasoning behind this? They seem to have made him a retired fighter.

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
    Has anyone noticed this? It seems all the sudden, they've completely removed him from the P4P list and they've also removed him from the LHW rankings? Does anyone know the reasoning behind this? They seem to have made him a retired fighter.
    Glitch in the matrix.

Comment

He's been inactive for more than a year.

That's their computerized system, they aren't going to change it for B-Hop.

However, he's now automatically entered BoxRec's lists for retired/inactive fighters (all-time lists).

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
        He's been inactive for more than a year.

That's their computerized system, they aren't going to change it for B-Hop.

However, he's now automatically entered BoxRec's lists for retired/inactive fighters (all-time lists).
        Interesting, that means Shane Mosley will soon be a retired fighter on boxrec, I guess.

I noticed Hopkins was rated as the #2 LHW ever. I hope when he's really retired they put him at MW where he belongs.

Comment

they came to the realization that for the last two years he's been a lightheavyweight titlist beating up on middleweights at a catchweight...soon as his fans come to grips with this we'll be making some progress...

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
            they came to the realization that for the last two years he's been a lightheavyweight titlist beating up on middleweights at a catchweight...soon as his fans come to grips with this we'll be making some progress...
            Not unlike ANY other fighter in Boxing history. That's nothing new.

Comment

Interesting, that means Shane Mosley will soon be a retired fighter on boxrec, I guess.

I noticed Hopkins was rated as the #2 LHW ever. I hope when he's really retired they put him at MW where he belongs.
              Rating him ahead of Gene Tunney shows the BoxRec system is seriously flawed.

At middleweight, if they were to put him above Marvin Hagler, Harry Greb and Sugar Ray Robinson it would absolutely destroy BoxRec's credibility.

Comment

I think the all time list on boxrec is based on your debut weightclass. Hopkins very first fight was at 175... Hopefully he's ranked amongst the middleweights but idk

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                  I understand him being ranked the no 1 lhw when he beat Tarver, but everytime he had a catchweight fight his ranking should of dropped. How can you be the no 1 ranked lhw when you dont fight any of them?

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
                    Not unlike ANY other fighter in Boxing history. That's nothing new.
                    really?...name some names....please

Comment

Working...
                    X