Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Dog Breed would you go with out of the listed 3?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All three are great dog breeds to have. One thing to consider is that the Rottweiler can be aggressive if not properly bred, or socialized.

Just a few notes...

From the choices, the Dobermann has the cleanest coat-- meaning that it is relatively low maintenance. German Shepherds and Rottweiler's coats will require lots of time and money (ie. brushes, shampoos, de-matting sprays, grooming costs, etc.)

Of the three breeds, the German Shepherd (10 or so, depending on lifestyle) has the shortest life span, while the Pinscher has the longest (about 15, I think).

German Shepherd's temperment and intelligence is best if you have a family.

Also, remember that these are all pretty good sized dogs. I hope you have the appropriate home space for them not to drive you nuts.

I wish I knew more about the amount of exercise each requires, but I don't. Something tells me the Dobermann will need the most.

Eh... I think that's all I've got. Hope this helps you decide. I've got an English Bulldog myself. Love that guy. I'm looking to get an Akita Inu, though. You should check that breed out as well.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenloki View Post
      All three are great dog breeds to have. One thing to consider is that the Rottweiler can be aggressive if not properly bred, or socialized.

Just a few notes...

From the choices, the Dobermann has the cleanest coat-- meaning that it is relatively low maintenance. German Shepherds and Rottweiler's coats will require lots of time and money (ie. brushes, shampoos, de-matting sprays, grooming costs, etc.)

Of the three breeds, the German Shepherd (10 or so, depending on lifestyle) has the shortest life span, while the Pinscher has the longest (about 15, I think).

German Shepherd's temperment and intelligence is best if you have a family.

Also, remember that these are all pretty good sized dogs. I hope you have the appropriate home space for them not to drive you nuts.

I wish I knew more about the amount of exercise each requires, but I don't. Something tells me the Dobermann will need the most.

Eh... I think that's all I've got. Hope this helps you decide. I've got an English Bulldog myself. Love that guy. I'm looking to get an Akita Inu, though. You should check that breed out as well.
      Wow. Thanks for the response.

Comment

Well, German Shephard is going to be the most loyal, and the most intellegent out of the three.

Comment

Dobies are the easiest to care for out of the 3.. Rotties almost always require Hip surgery.. Sheps, malt/shed like crazy and you will be vacuuming 2 times a day or swimming in dog hair..

Comment

Cockaspanuld

Comment

Out of those 3, Doberman. Second would be sheperd, with the rott far behind. I love dogs but sadly i am allergic, however a friend of mine breeds and trains dogs for a living. He only breeds pitbulls but trains anything.

What i'm going to say is from personal experience, every dog is different but this is what i know from the breeds.

To be honest all the rottweillers that i have met were dumb as ****. They are fidel but still dumb and goofy. When they get older rotts get lazier and not as playfull. They look cool but personally it's not a breed that i like.

However dobbies are as smart as they get, always full of energy and they will die for you. They are curious and fearless. But you need to know you will most likely need to interact a lot with your dog. Doberman are not the type of dogs you tie up in yard without giving it any attention.

I can't talk about german sherpards as i don't have much experience with them.

Personally i'd get a pitbull as they are my favorite breed of dog, but that seems to be out of the question for you.

Like any of these big dogs, i will suggest you to start socialization at a very young age. With other dogs and with kids, you want to make them used to being around other dogs, otherwise you could have a problem, even more if you get a male.

Comment

ttt for more opinions

Comment

I say rotty. I grew up around those dogs and they are great. Doberman's are dumb as fuck but they are nice. Shepard is probably the smartest out of the 3 but I like the rot the best.

Comment

Working...
                  X