No announcement yet.

who will Gervonta Davis fight next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who will Gervonta Davis fight next?

Mayweather recently said Davis will not face a champion next. So who will Davis fight next?

I think the Miguel Roman vs Nery Saguilan winner would be a good option for Davis since he won't face a champion next.

They floated Tevin farmer's name after the fight but Gervonta should beat him easy.

Roman Martinez, Uchiyama, Salido or Vargas would be top 10 guys and astep up from Liam Walsh. Salido would IMO be the best choice.

I know-politics doe.

Comment

I imagine he'll end up fighting someone not in the top ten or past his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom . View Post
        I'll agree with freedom here.

Comment

I think they should JUMP Arum and Loma and come with a BIGGER Offer Salido and take that fight!

If not a bold move like that then Tevin Farmer somewhere back at his home in Maryland would be GREAT! Jason Sosa is always GAME, that would be a good match up and a great test for young Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom . View Post
            If he does i hope he fights at least more than twice.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              They floated Tevin farmer's name after the fight but Gervonta should beat him easy.

Roman Martinez, Uchiyama, Salido or Vargas would be top 10 guys and astep up from Liam Walsh. Salido would IMO be the best choice.

I know-politics doe.
              That a good option also

Comment

All signs to a keep busy fight from what Floyd was saying & hinting at.

I'd assume its either Mario Barrios (I'd add Tevin Farmer to the list, but I believe he got injured in his last fight a week or two ago & will be out for 6mos+) or some guy I've never seen fight & can't pronounce his name based on looking at the rest of the rankings for his belt. And I'd go with the ladder since Barrios is a weird matchup being 6ft although who knows it could be a compelling fight since he is so f#cking big + undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  All signs to a keep busy fight from what Floyd was saying & hinting at.

I'd assume its either Mario Barrios (I'd add Tevin Farmer to the list, but I believe he got injured in his last fight a week or two ago & will be out for 6mos+) or some guy I've never seen fight & can't pronounce his name based on looking at the rest of the rankings for his belt. And I'd go with the ladder since Barrios is a weird matchup being 6ft although who knows it could be a compelling fight since he is so f#cking big + undefeated.
                  Barrios last fight was at 140. I don't think Barrios can make 130 again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    Yea easy keep busy type fight, but I do see a lot of people hyping Tevin lately so its sellable.

I believe he got injured in his last fight doe & will be out awhile so its definitely not happening next.

Randomly Russell F#cking Peters (yes the comedian) was hyping Tevin on some podcast recently. Peters is a big boxing fan for those unaware. I love hearing the boxing name drops famous people have when they are unexpected, but Peters is a fan so its not THAT unexpected he'd come up with Tevin I guess.

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    I think they should JUMP Arum and Loma and come with a BIGGER Offer Salido and take that fight.
                    That'd be a interesting move. I'm thinking it'd be hard to outbid TR doe cuz Salido is key to the Loma story & greater narrative of his career now. He avenged his amateur L, lost as a pro, its time to avenge that L now. Even as a guy who's not big on Loma or a hater of the guy I think they kinda gotta make that fight happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X