No announcement yet.

Andre Ward gives the Sermon on how Kovolov folded, talks mental game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
    Just saw this and was going to post this. Ward right on the money. Why isn't anyone asking Kovalev why he didn't finish Ward off especially after all his talk about him going to be destroying Ward. I agree with Ward that Kovalev was mentally beaten when Kovalev realized his glorified power wasn't going to be enough to beat Ward. Kovalev now is all bark.

On a side note. Looks like Ward's team willing to school GGG if GGG moves up to 168. Would be great if Ward would not only just school Kovalev, but GGG also. I doubt however, that GGG would take the fight. GGG would continue to duck Ward.
    ya. it doesnt matter if ward can make 168 again. after seeing ward take kovalevs shot and beat him they want no part. they wanted no part before that now they want even less part. they now know with clear certainty they cant beat ward.

Comment

Why doesn't Ward answer the questions about why didn't he shut Kovalev out and take him to school without getting touched?

Only reason anyone thinks Ward "won" is there's maybe one or two biased people in the media out there and people rooting for Ward have been weak enough to let them convince them Ward did win. There's a reason over 70% of the AMERICAN media think Kovalev won by quite some distance. Ward did absolutely nothing in the fight. He just hung in there. He won about as much as Bradley beat Pacquaio.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        Why doesn't Ward answer the questions about why didn't he shut Kovalev out and take him to school without getting touched?

Only reason anyone thinks Ward "won" is there's maybe one or two biased people in the media out there and people rooting for Ward have been weak enough to let them convince them Ward did win. There's a reason over 70% of the AMERICAN media think Kovalev won by quite some distance. Ward did absolutely nothing in the fight. He just hung in there. He won about as much as Bradley beat Pacquaio.
        lol...what delusion "why doesnt ward answer questions about why he didnt shut kovalev out or school him without getting touched"....ummmm. probably because kovalev is a very good fighter. a top 5 p4p fighter. but you watch golovkin so i know youve never seen two of them in the ring at the same time prior to ward/kova.

Comment

Huh? What gives you the impression I "watch Golovkin" whatever that means? Any, yes I do watch GGG. I watch boxing. So what? I was at Kovalev-Ward and I have also seen them live before as a paying customer, same with GGG and many, many more throughout the years.

Ward fans were convinced Kovalev was easy work and completely overrated so if Kovalev must explain why he didn't KO Ward, surely Ward must explain why Kovalev was so difficult?
          Last edited by chrisJS; 03-27-2017, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Kovalev folded in a fight most people had him winning? How does that make any sense?

Ward can say whatever he wants as part of the mind games and so on. But how much of a casual do you need to be to believe this stuff?

What was Ward's 'response'? A few jabs?

It's slowly dying but it is a truly ridiculous narrative where one fighter can land almost nothing and be declared 'dominant', whereas the other guy lands just as much and is said to have 'folded'.

Ward did a good job of giving Kovalev no opportunities for the right hand in the later rounds, but he landed very little himself. That's why most people have him losing.

And he can spin this story all he wants but the only people who'll believe it are the ones who wanted to believe it anyway.

Comment

How come nobody remember's how many times Kova''s head got jacked back like a pez dispenser when Ward retaliated with the left jab or hook? How can a judge not think "dayummmm, Kova letting Ward do that?!" considering what's expected from the krusher.

Or them menacing shots to Kova''s body.

Kova went to the twilight zone there. Not knowing how to adjust and not knowing how to act when they read the cards. As if complaining about close fights is something new in a post ring interview..

Comment

Originally posted by The Tribe View Post
                6:40 is prophetic material right there, teaches how Kovolov's reputation was built on fear, and when Ward withstood the intimination tactics Kovolov had no response and folded.

Beautiful video, bro. Thanks for sharing this.

Hail King WARd.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  Kovalev folded in a fight most people had him winning? How does that make any sense?

Ward can say whatever he wants as part of the mind games and so on. But how much of a casual do you need to be to believe this stuff?

What was Ward's 'response'? A few jabs?

It's slowly dying but it is a truly ridiculous narrative where one fighter can land almost nothing and be declared 'dominant', whereas the other guy lands just as much and is said to have 'folded'.

Ward did a good job of giving Kovalev no opportunities for the right hand in the later rounds, but he landed very little himself. That's why most people have him losing.

And he can spin this story all he wants but the only people who'll believe it are the ones who wanted to believe it anyway.
                  No sense using logic in a thread like this, lad. Morons like the thread starter and the other window lickers aren't interested.

Comment

how did ward appear fresher though? i see people saying this but kov easily won rounds 9, 10 and 12 so how was ward fresher? not once did kovalev let his guard down and get caught with something silly. even in the corners if you watch them between roudns ward was breathing heavily and kovalev wasnt so i dont understand this narrative. who made it up? a ward fan im guessing.
                    I based it off Kov initiating more of the holding in the later portion of the fight, Ward's ability to catch him clean and Kov stumbling to the mat (forgot the exact round). Those are usually signs of a fighter fatiguing.

Comment

War Ward

Comment

Working...
                      X