Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemiuex Does Roughly 150,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He did roughly 25-40% of what Mayweather and Pacquiao did in their first fight.

125-150K isn't great, but it's not overly bad either. It just shows he's most likely not going to be that 1 mil PPV buy fighter but could generate some decent PPV numbers (300-600K).

Really, if he can draw 150K buyers in what everyone called a mismatch fight, that's value to a guy like Canelo/Cotto.

Comment

• Whose Rick Glaser? I'm new.

Comment

• There are only 4 names big in PPV.

Floyd & Manny in particular can fight dirt and sell over 500.
        Canelo & Cotto, with the right opponents, do 250k.
        GGG needs to beat a superstar first. If he beats Cotto AND Canelo, then he'll cross over.

It's very hard to just become a star. You need a stepping stone.

Comment

• Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
          Whose Rick Glaser? I'm new.
          Some guy certain posters swear by because...because...? Exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
            Actually you are right, my calucatuions were wrong( I don't know where I came up with that number), but their overhead still wasnt all that much. So if it did lose money it wasn't all that much. The higher ups know way more than us when it come to this stuff so they didn't go blindly into it thinking this was going to be a for sure home run. Any good business man prepares for the worse and makes sure if the worse happen they will still be ok. So regardless I think everyone got paid, not a whole lot but they still got paid.

Btw the PPV cost 59 for standard and 69 for hd.
            no way they thought it would less then 200k

Comment

• Originally posted by el malo View Post
              http://www.badlefthook. com/2015/10/21/9582570/golovkin-lemiuex-sells-roughly-150000-ppvs

There's a update in this article saying it's struggling to reach 125k.

Lol wow.....

Comment

• BWAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

What a joke. GGG's fan spinning the hell out of this, even posting false info like Cotto/Sergio got 250k, it did 350k. Just stop guys, no one gives 2 ****s about GGG or his "unification" of possibly the weakest division in boxing.

"Hopkins did it doe..." Yeah and how are his PPV numbers? They're **** too, 100k versus Chad Dawson. Fight Ward and get 300k, that fight would get that much. Ward fans and GGG fans are not the same people... You get two groups buying 150k EACH for their fighter. Stupid K2 though knows GGG would lose there is no other reason to ask a career SMW to come down.

I like GGG's style but it sucks that his team is so stupid and so hated he is the one paying the price for his team's mouth writing checks they can barely cash. Literally. This fight was made with a 100k minimum to break even, they're lucky to make any money on this thing. And they call Ward the B side? I assure you, Ward/Kov will double GGG's buys. And to the people saying "Well they are both well known..." Yeah, GGG could have done it too but him and his team have a bigger mouth than they do balls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raonic View Post
                  He did roughly 25-40% of what Mayweather and Pacquiao did in their first fight.

125-150K isn't great, but it's not overly bad either. It just shows he's most likely not going to be that 1 mil PPV buy fighter but could generate some decent PPV numbers (300-600K).

Really, if he can draw 150K buyers in what everyone called a mismatch fight, that's value to a guy like Canelo/Cotto.
                  100k is 66% LESS than 300k and Floyd and Manny debuted at about 350k... which makes it even less. 25-40%... Do you even math bro?

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    Rick Glaser will have the real number tommorrow or friday.
                    The fact that it's taken a week to look a computer screen and figure out numbers is all that needs to be said. This is 2015 man, all the numbers are right there real time. When they wait for old people who order by phone to add up another thousand you know the fight flopped. GGG's team talk more than anyone else in boxing, now all of sudden it's "Wait until it's all tally'd up?" It got 100k, end of discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                      Whose Rick Glaser? I'm new.
                      He's Don King's match-maker. Generally in the know with various connections.

Comment

Working...
                      X