No announcement yet.

Seriously, could Oscar hit or what??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously, could Oscar hit or what??

First of all, lets get one thing clear: I don't think Oscar De La Hoya is a god. Im not a groupie of his and outside the ring I do think he's nice but I don't think everything he does or says is gold. So, lemme ask you: for a guy of his rather slender physique, could he hit or what?! I was just watching the Mayorga fight for the second time and the way he put Mayorga down in the first round was just impressive as fuk! I mean, even Tito had to land like 50 big shots on Mayorga to put him down and out eventually. Its not all about power, its also about precision and thats where Oscar had the edge over Tito.

For while Tito most certainly hit even harder (tho not much harder) than Oscar, Oscar just knew how to time his punches a bit better and threw them with more precision and speed. I mean, its really hard to believe this guy once fought as a SFW!

He could definitely crack, especially at 140 and 147, when he was young.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
      First of all, lets get one thing clear: I don't think Oscar De La Hoya is a god. Im not a groupie of his and outside the ring I do think he's nice but I don't think everything he does or says is gold. So, lemme ask you: for a guy of his rather slender physique, could he hit or what?! I was just watching the Mayorga fight for the second time and the way he put Mayorga down in the first round was just impressive as fuk! I mean, even Tito had to land like 50 big shots on Mayorga to put him down and out eventually. Its not all about power, its also about precision and thats where Oscar had the edge over Tito.

For while Tito most certainly hit even harder (tho not much harder) than Oscar, Oscar just knew how to time his punches a bit better and threw them with more precision and speed. I mean, its really hard to believe this guy once fought as a SFW!
      I wouldn't call him slender. He looked like a stocky chubby Mexican up top in some of his fights. His power was good. Your left hook being your best punch helps too, it's a hard punch for someone to see due to the way it's thrown.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620
        How many punches did it take for Tito to put Vargas down opposed to Oscar?
        Vargas won at least 4 rounds against Tito. He didn't win as many against Oscar imo. 2, maybe 3 at best. And Oscar got him out of there faster. Vargas rushed into Tito's left hook like an idiot-twice! In the 1st and in the last round. Against Oscar he was more experienced.

Comment

How many punches did it take for Tito to put Vargas or Oba Carr down opposed to Oscar?

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            How many punches did it take for Tito to put Vargas or Oba Carr down opposed to Oscar?
            What is this, the quiz? It doesn't matter how many punches it took to put Vargas down, it took more to put him OUT than it did for Oscar. Oba Carr put Tito down also.

Comment

Vargas won at least 4 rounds against Tito. He didn't win as many against Oscar imo. 2, maybe 3 at best. And Oscar got him out of there faster. Vargas rushed into Tito's left hook like an idiot-twice! In the 1st and in the last round. Against Oscar he was more experienced.

The difference is Trinidad actually fought Vargas while he was still undefeated. Oscar waited until vargas took a beating from Trinidad and looked unimpressive against Wilfredo Riviera. That seemed to be a pattern in Delahoya's career. Timing. Of course all of this happened after Delahoya swore he would NEVER fight Vargas.
              Last edited by joseph5620; 10-17-2011, 04:32 PM.

Comment

What is this, the quiz? It doesn't matter how many punches it took to put Vargas down, it took more to put him OUT than it did for Oscar. Oba Carr put Tito down also.
                You're the one who brought it up in the first place. Did you forget already? I'm just using your logic.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  The difference is Trinidad actually fought Vargas while he was still undefeated. Oscar waited until vargas took a beating from Trinidad and looked unimpressive against Wilfredo Riviera. That seemed to be a pattern in Delahoya's career. Timing. Of course all of this happened after Delahoya swore he would NEVER fight Vargas.
                  Please! Not the leftover theory, thats already been done to death. Vargas knocked Trinidad down in the 4th and was about to jump at him again when Trinidad hit him low ON PURPOSE so to avoid getting stopped. Oscar never did anything like that at least. Vargas showed to the world that this bs about Trinidad being invincible was just a myth. Well actually, Oscar had already showed that but he got robbed.

Comment

Oscar's power hardly even compares to Trinidad's power.
                    Last edited by IronDanHamza; 10-17-2011, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X