Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dirrell: I regret fighting Froch in his hometown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirrell probably won the fight, but it's hard to argue that he deserved it. I mean, no one was expecting him to stand toe-to-toe with Froch, but he basically refused to engage for most of the fight. If a fighter is going to fight off the backfoot, he should be busy behind a jab, not running away and throwing the odd pot-shot. Add into the mix the continuous holding and *****ing, and you have a fighter who just didn't give the judges any incentive to score the fight his way. Dirrell allowed it to be a close fight by fighting this way and he was naive if he thought he could win a decision against a champion in his backyard using negative tactics.

The more I learn about Dirrell, the less respect I have for him. The apparent brain injury he suffered has no credibility at all. Forget the shaky testimony Dirrell and his camp gave and just consider how ridiculous it is for the Dirrell camp to expect us to believe that a professional doctor would give his approval for a brain-injury victim to continue fighting. I mean, who the **** did they hire? Dr Nick Riviera?

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      Bo,it can't be a hometown decsion if the fight was close(which it was)Froch won a split decsion..It was a close fight that Dirrell did not win..
      It was a hometown decision, plain as day. Dirrell didn't earn the win, but Froch did even less than Dirrell did.

Comment

All he did was run. STFU dirrell

Comment

Froch won that fight. And great acting in the Abraham fight.

Comment

and another thing dont forget your appointment today with Dr Shaw High at 2:30

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
              ''The only regret I have is fighting Carl Froch in his hometown….I just think I had an unfair shot at the title''.
              You know what, I dont even like Andre Dirrell based on his performances going in to this tourney, but I swear to ****ing god he won that fight, each and every time I watch it I just feel bad for the kid, aint nothing like some home cookin, and Dirrell was served up a nice plate.

Comment

He should regret faking an injury instead of fighting Ward.

And, I don't have no sympathy for a guy who wants to give head every time his opponent gets close.

Comment

He should regret choosing to be a boxer after that "performance"

The guy was scared to death of getting hit.

Comment

He should regret choosing to be a boxer after that "performance"

The guy was scared to death of getting hit.

Comment

Working...
                    X