No announcement yet.

How good of a dancer is this kid?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
    i never claimed b-boying was about chaining power moves.

but i will say that quality uprock, top rock, power moves and stalls done with the music requires much more skill then anything the woockez are doing(which appears to be 90% popping and 10% other stuff).

i was doing moves like that when i was 15, i doubt he was doing what i said before he was 10.

persoanlly id find just mixing top rock with some basic floor moves would be better then the wocks
    You saw the video?

Hey, you asked for a 5 year old that can combine six-step, windmills, turtles, and finish into a freeze. The basics.

I showed a video of a 12 year old who can do and mix into various combinations headspins, halos, 90's, 2000s, flares, air tracks, 1 handed air tracks, airbabys, and still end it with a freeze. A lot of the moves make the windmills look ancient in comparison. All that as proof that if this kid can do these at that age, he was probably able to do the basics at a younger age.

I think it's really just preference and what might really be bothering you is thinking that people are considering what the Jabba's do as the standard of what "good/great" dancers are supposed to be able to do.

The Jabba's probably come from all different styles of street dancing, so a good amount or all of them probably began from B-Boying. Now would they last in a pure B-Boy battle competition with the top crews in the world? Definitely not. But it would be pretty difficult for the best pure BBoy crews in the world to hang with the choreography at the level of the Jabba's and other crews.

So Breakin' is hard, choreography is hard, and sh.it even Ballet is hard. My take is that it's all just preference and a lot of dances are as impressive as others and as difficult. Except for The Jerk. Fu.ck that sh.it.

Comment

Originally posted by » HE3R0 « View Post
      You saw the video?

Hey, you asked for a 5 year old that can combine six-step, windmills, turtles, and finish into a freeze. The basics.

I showed a video of a 12 year old who can do and mix into various combinations headspins, halos, 90's, 2000s, flares, air tracks, 1 handed air tracks, airbabys, and still end it with a freeze. A lot of the moves make the windmills look ancient in comparison. All that as proof that if this kid can do these at that age, he was probably able to do the basics at a younger age.

I think it's really just preference and what might really be bothering you is thinking that people are considering what the Jabba's do as the standard of what "good/great" dancers are supposed to be able to do.

The Jabba's probably come from all different styles of street dancing, so a good amount or all of them probably began from B-Boying. Now would they last in a pure B-Boy battle competition with the top crews in the world? Definitely not. But it would be pretty difficult for the best pure BBoy crews in the world to hang with the choreography at the level of the Jabba's and other crews.

So Breakin' is hard, choreography is hard, and sh.it even Ballet is hard. My take is that it's all just preference and a lot of dances are as impressive as others and as difficult. Except for The Jerk. Fu.ck that sh.it.
      Excellent post

Comment

Originally posted by » HE3R0 « View Post
        You saw the video?

12, 200%+ older then a 5 year old.....there is no comparison.

the jabbas couldn't hang with britney spear backup dancers, and they shouldnt be mentioned in the same sentence with b-boys. what the wocks do is in the same league as some crazy guy at a techno show raving with light sticks.

and he does **** airbabys.

all the kid does is spin,no flow no style. i doubt he could do a six step, into a windmill into a turtle then stall, and he sure as hell couldnt do it with style....all he does is dance then spin on his hands and mix in some windmills(more spinning), head spins(more spinning) and stall for a split second at the end...its really not that impressive especially when your all of 50 lbs.
        Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 06-17-2011, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X