No announcement yet.

Alfonso Riberio sues Fortnite over the Carlton dance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
    Is there a patent, trademark, etc... for dances?
    He's in the process of getting a trademark. But from what I've read, if a dance can be easily associated with you then you dont need an official trademark.

When I was trademarking a phrase/design the Im the paperwork said i can use the TM symbol without an official Trademark if that phrase/design was my original idea and can be easily associated with me

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
      They also stole Turk from Scrubs dance to Bell Biv Davoe.
      They stole a lot of dances. Two Milly is suing them for stealing his dance, the milly rock

Comment

Aside from still being Will Smith's lackey, this is literally the only thing he has. Sad.

Comment

that white boy is suing too for that floss dance that was popular awhile back. t

Comment

Fortinite is screwed, that game made over three billion right? This doesnt fall under fair usage because they dont mention the originators of the dance. They just threw the dances in there.

But the thing is fortnite has more money and will just settle out of court.

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
              Aside from still being Will Smith's lackey, this is literally the only thing he has. Sad.
              Maaaaannn. Delete this comment. Don't disrespect the legend like that

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                  Is there a patent, trademark, etc... for dances?

there is for the show. i assume he gets royalties, but i don't know how a dance within a TV show is protected by intellectual property law.

i do know that he's gone outside of the fresh prince and used this dance. he used to host / mc on TV, etc. maybe he went out of its way to name, trademark, and patent. i really am not sure how all of that works, my experience with patents is with manufactured products.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Maaaaannn. Delete this comment. Don't disrespect the legend like that

that first video is honestly pretty disturbing, given that michael jackson was very blatantly attracted to kids.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      that first video is honestly pretty disturbing, given that michael jackson was very blatantly attracted to kids.
                      How come every time you respond to me you're saying something stupid or irritating? You're one of those guys who think they know everything and have to show it. Stop being so uptight and relax. You don't have to try to impress everybody on here

Comment

Working...
                      X