No announcement yet.

Huge Matchroom USA card!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Matchroom USA card!

Eddie Hearn to the rescue again! Here to save us from American promoters, bad fights and pay per view when the main event of Demetrius Andrade putting his WBO Middleweight Championship of the world against Artur Akavov! Pay per view quality!!!

Also Big Baby vs TBA. Wondering who they’re pulling out of retirement for that mismatch.

This guy had a close fight vs saunders, albeit he was out of shape but i jus checked his boxrec and he had a close split decision with a guy that had 14-13 record and now has 16-25 record so yeah, not good

I think it is a strategy used by promoters though - fight a rival's past opponent and do better than he did so you can say after you did better, it becomes a talking point .

Comment

Lining up to be another lacklustre Matchroom USA card that’ll interest noteven the most hardcore of boxing fans

The only good thing going for Matchroom USA is their stable is so small and irrelevant that they keep their fighters busy so they can fill the slots , which is a good thing for the fighters

Comment

I know he has only been around for some months now but his cards has been horrible. He is trying to spread out card to every country to show that they are “Taking over” but this isn’t a take over, I swear other promoters are just laughing with the contents produce so far by Matchroom. He want to have a card in Italy, Monaco etc Quality instead of quantity mate. I love watching boxing but am not watching cr*p just because of my love for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          I know he has only been around for some months now but his cards has been horrible. He is trying to spread out card to every country to show that they are “Taking over” but this isn’t a take over, I swear other promoters are just laughing with the contents produce so far by Matchroom. He want to have a card in Italy, Monaco etc Quality instead of quantity mate. I love watching boxing but am not watching cr*p just because of my love for boxing.
          Yeah, and as cool as it is that DAZN televises the whole card, I can’t watch six hours of boxing with no good matches lol.

The fact that he has so many dates with such a garbage roster is concerning.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            Yeah, and as cool as it is that DAZN televises the whole card, I can’t watch six hours of boxing with no good matches lol.

The fact that he has so many dates with such a garbage roster is concerning.
            I think DAZN themselves would be concern, the good thing is he only has a two years contract with them and they can pull the plug if they need to. Before their reputation takes a huge hit in boxing.

Comment

It's not entirely his fault as he simply doesn't have the stable to put on quality cards. Not enough top fighters and too many dates. I'm not mad at Miller vs Bryan. Wish Andrade would fight someone better but I mean he was set to face BJS which would have been a very good match up. Shouldn't really be building up Linares vs Hooker and should just make it now as they need to have a strong start to 2019 to gain subscribers off the back of Canelo's fight.

Comment

I think DAZN themselves would be concern, the good thing is he only has a two years contract with them and they can pull the plug if they need to. Before their reputation takes a huge hit in boxing.
                Yeah, I honestly see them giving the keys to Oscar in two years. I think that if HBO folded six weeks earlier, DAZN would be a GBP app.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                  It's not entirely his fault as he simply doesn't have the stable to put on quality cards. Not enough top fighters and too many dates. I'm not mad at Miller vs Bryan. Wish Andrade would fight someone better but I mean he was set to face BJS which would have been a very good match up. Shouldn't really be building up Linares vs Hooker and should just make it now as they need to have a strong start to 2019 to gain subscribers off the back of Canelo's fight.
                  Are those the matches? I just saw Miller vs TBA (I assumed wither Charr or Bryan since Hearn has been trying to get him that WBA regular strap) and it had Linares vs TBA. And this is set for MSG? I see it moving again.

Oh, and Chris Algeri vs TBA. Can’t forget that one

Comment

DAZN is fine right now. All they will do is adjust their boxing budget and give majority of it to GBP if Matchroom USA can't improve their stable. Boxing in the long run won't be that important to DAZN, or at least not nearly as important as NFL or NBA or MLB.

What i predicted almost a month ago when it was obvious Hearn's stable wasn't improving is that DAZN would make him have Joshua fight in the states once a year. They BADLY need Joshua vs Wilder, or to a lesser extent Fury but not sure if that will be possible. If they want it, they will have to pay a crazy license fee for it. I'm talking like $12-15 million. Will they do it if the fight takes place in the UK? I'd guess yes, but then we will see if Wilder's team will be fine with the fight not being on SHO.

But I think at this point we should be expecting Joshua fighting in the states once a year and then once in the UK. It will start soon with Miller and then possibly Wilder in 2020 if they have a two fight deal.

Comment

Working...
                    X