Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will GGG vs Alvarez Topple PAC vs Marquez For FOTD?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will GGG vs Alvarez Topple PAC vs Marquez For FOTD?

WAR
    Yes it could be better than PAC vs Marquez, we needs a KO!
    50.00%
    No, it won't be as legendary as PAC vs Marquez
    50.00%

It has all the ingredients to do so. Esp if both guys wont come gunshy.
    Don't need a KO but definitely need knockdowns from both sides to top pac-marquez 4

Comment

Nope. Pac falling flat on his face sleeping for minutes is one of the ATG moments of boxing. But it's not all bad Pac fans can take comfort in knowing some of their salty tears made their way back to the sea and healed Pacquiao's shoulder.

Comment

Well it would have some way to go to top Khan v Maidana, AJ v Wlad, Garcia v Matthysse and a few others, let alone Pac v JMM IV.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
          It has all the ingredients to do so. Esp if both guys wont come gunshy.
          Don't need a KO but definitely need knockdowns from both sides to top pac-marquez 4
          Agreed. The stakes are higher for Golovkin imo. He's 35, undefeated, and he has to come out blazing. Blood Guts And Glory ala " I Like Mexican style, For The Fans."

Not, "he will use his Jab..." - ggg conservatives

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            Well it would have some way to go to top Khan v Maidana, AJ v Wlad, Garcia v Matthysse and a few others, let alone Pac v JMM IV.
            Chino's Petrov, Khan's loss to Prescott, AJ too new, Wlad getting rocked by Sanders, Garcia no, Matthysse....

GGG vs Alvarez is above all those. Hence this has Mexicans "I like Mexican Style" written all over it.

GGG vs Alvarez is still the fight!!! Come to think of it doe, Ward did KO Kovalev... but nobody likes to talk about it

Comment

It also has the potential to be a dud like Mayweather/Pacquiao or De la Hoya/Trinidad. Two high profile fighters with a lot to lose usually fight a lot more cautious.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                It also has the potential to be a dud like Mayweather/Pacquiao or De la Hoya/Trinidad. Two high profile fighters with a lot to lose usually fight a lot more cautious.
                So if Golovkin fights cautious will he get a pass? Cause if Alvarez does and he gets a win who do you think they will blame? Alvarez needs to KO Golovkin. If GGG doesn't KO Alvarez, win or lose, what do u think fans will say?

Comment

It could be a dud, it could be Hagler-Mugabi all over again... Who knows? I just wish the undercard wasn't dog turds.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                    So if Golovkin fights cautious will he get a pass? Cause if Alvarez does and he gets a win who do you think they will blame? Alvarez needs to KO Golovkin. If GGG doesn't KO Alvarez, win or lose, what do u think fans will say?
                    Neither will get a pass if they fight a boring, cautious fight. I also don't think either one need to get a KO. The fight will be somewhere in the middle. They'll be some good moments but I don't think either one will fight like they normally fight. They've both showed that when the stakes are high they have a tendency to fight more carefully. It will be a good fight but let's hold off on the FOTD talk until it's over.

Comment

Working...
                    X