Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glaser: Canelo vs Chavez did 860k PPV buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL at BPP being like f#ck that guy. Thats hilarious to me for some reason.

But yea I wouldn't be shocked if the numbers are sub-1M. GBP has already been caught in a lie with the Canelo vs Khan(?) PPV numbers iirc. GBP said 600k, court documents said 450k. If he's bumping up numbers by 150 as a rule that matches this fight pretty well between Glaser's "real" number & GBP's number.

And just in general I tend to believe Mexican fans aren't THAT loyal to support this bs ass fight so I like Glaser's number more then I like GBP's numbers that put them in a select group in PPV fights that it doesn't really seem like Canelo has reached to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      I have no idea why anyone would source Glaser for anything.

A. Has zero legit connections.

B. Has been accused numerous times, including last week, of ripping off fighters and promoters.

C. He had well known problems with owing hundreds of thousands to the IRS because he never filed taxes for the last 12 years, still unpaid.
      How would you know point A? How does point B and C disprove he's knowledgeable? No need to besmirch a great dying man.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

But yea I wouldn't be shocked if the numbers are sub-1M. GBP has already been caught in a lie with the Canelo vs Khan(?) PPV numbers iirc. GBP said 600k, court documents said 450k. If he's bumping up numbers by 150 as a rule that matches this fight pretty well between Glaser's "real" number & GBP's number.

And just in general I tend to believe Mexican fans aren't THAT loyal to support this bs ass fight so I like Glaser's number more then I like GBP's numbers that put them in a select group in PPV fights that it doesn't really seem like Canelo has reached to me.
        If 860k mexicans bought this fight i find it hard to believe mexicans arent loyal... floyd-berto and pac-vargas combined did less than canelo-chavez if you go by glaser numbers, a cw fight with no title on the line and considered a mismatch by most...

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
          If 860k mexicans bought this fight i find it hard to believe mexicans arent loyal... floyd-berto and pac-vargas combined did less than canelo-chavez if you go by glaser numbers, a cw fight with no title on the line and considered a mismatch by most...
          I'm not saying they aren't that loyal. I'm saying they aren't THAT loyal for full disclosure and to avoid being misquoted.

As a guy who's nerded out on PPV numbers I've seen a level of Q score for the guys who've sold 1M+ PPVs as the A side and those who dwell sub-1M and while Canelo is for sure transitioning into the superstar region it doesn't feel like he's made it to that Tyson, Floyd, Manny, Oscar and Evander territory quite yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Problem is if you believe glaser then you have to take everything he says as gospel as he flat out says all these promoters lie about the ppv. He made his name because GGG and Pacquiao fans quoted him for years as he stated that Floyd lied about his numbers. According to glaser none of floyds fights that he said cracked 1m or slightly under were lies. He said fights like guerrero, maidana 1 and 2 etc really did 600-700K. Berto did 389K. According to glaser excluding the floyd/Pacquiao fight Canelo just out did both Pacquiao and floyd fights after their showdown and outdid their recent fights before they finally fought. You have to go back to floyd vs canelo to find a fight that sold more. That puts canelo in pretty rare company.

If you go by what the major outlets reported it's amazing. If you go by the grading curve which is glaser's numbers they are still amazing if you stay consistent. But you can't pick and choose when you want to believe glaser is telling the truth. If canelo didn't Crack 1m then most of the fights Floyd said he did 1m didn't either. GGG fanboys if these are the real numbers then GGG really sold only 97K. LMAO.
            Last edited by bigdunny1; 06-12-2017, 09:22 PM.

Comment

conor should get those numbers because floyd isnt even as big of a draw as conor but hes pretendign like always. none of floyds fights did close to conor unless he fought another superstar which conor has never done

Comment

Damn good numbers for such a mismatch. Mexicans support the **** out of their fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  Problem is if you believe glaser then you have to take everything he says as gospel as he flat out says all these promoters lie about the ppv.
                  Idk about gospel. I don't take anything anyone says as gospel per se. But isn't the promoters lying about PPV numbers thing true? Or largely true. I definitely believe promoters indulge numbers or they do high guessimates on incomplete numbers to look best for them.

I mean some of it even seems forgivable cuz from my understanding it takes awhile to compile numbers, for whatever reason, so I think some of it is counting x & adding y% of a expected future yet uncounted figure to arrive at a number they say to reporters.

He made his name because GGG and Pacquiao fans quoted him for years as he stated that Floyd lied about his numbers. According to glaser none of floyds fights that he said cracked 1m or slightly under were lies. He said fights like guerrero, maidana 1 and 2 etc really did 600-700K. Berto did 389K. According to glaser excluding the floyd/Pacquiao fight Canelo just out did both Pacquiao and floyd fights after their showdown and outdid their recent fights before they finally fought. You have to go back to floyd vs canelo to find a fight that sold more. That puts canelo in pretty rare company.

If you go by what the major outlets reported it's amazing. If you go by the grading curve which is glaser's numbers they are still amazing if you stay consistent. But you can't pick and choose when you want to believe glaser is telling the truth. If canelo didn't Crack 1m then most of the fights Floyd said he did 1m didn't either. GGG fanboys if these are the real numbers then GGG really sold only 97K. LMAO.
                  Honestly its not that serious to me. I've only recently started paying attention to guys like Glaser & other PPV "truthers" so I don't recall what he or others said about Floyd, Manny or even Oscar if he goes that far back. I've always felt it was a problem that no one really releases gate-like numbers on PPV that are very official (anymore cuz iirc some cats used to) & it was a figure prone to fudging for the benefit of the fighter &/or promoter so I took the numbers with a grain of salt. That said what else is there to judge PPV stars via then all of their inflated figures if one is to compare them?

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                    Damn good numbers for such a mismatch. Mexicans support the **** out of their fighters.
                    floyd knew this. thats why he always fought on mexican holidays and often cherry picked mexicans or had guys like canelo on his undercards.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      floyd knew this. thats why he always fought on mexican holidays and often cherry picked mexicans or had guys like canelo on his undercards.
                      Yep. If not for Oscar, he'd still be the same guy that couldn't even sell out his own hometown arena. He doesn't bring any box office type of talent and truly amazing performances like the past greats, and ATGs. Hell, even current fighters like Pacquiao, Canelo, and Spence.

And he lost to Manny. It's the biggest elephant in the room. It's like we're being punk'd as boxing fans, with them giving Floyd that win.

Comment

Working...
                      X