No announcement yet.

Is Crawford stuck at 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Crawford stuck at 140?

He says he wants to stay at 140 to become undispitued but his team has made no effort towards fighting Burns or Indongo before he was signed to fight burns. Indongo won one week before Crawford beat Molina. Burns had the fight with Indongo signed a month later. I don't understand why Top Rank didn't jump on him immediately. Anybody see Burns giving Crawford a rematch if he beats Indongo? Crawford set his career back the last time they fought and somehow Burns has been able to get a belt at 140. I think Burns would rather make some more money than fighting Crawford.

He can't move to 147 because all the top fighters are PBC fighters which Arum won't make the fights and allow him to fight on a PBC card. PPV is the only opton for a top PBC welterweight to fight on HBO and Crawford isnt' a PPV fighter. He and Bradley have stated for years they aren't fighting each other. Arum won't make the Pacquiao fight. I think we'll see Pacquiao vs Lomachenko before we'll get Pacquiao vs. Crawford. When Bob is ready to pass the torch he's gonna pass it on to a fighter he feels is as marketable as Pacquiao. He'll probably fight Jesse Vargas and Dusty Harrison at 147.

�� i thk he is stuck bc he can't get good fights at 40, less Diaz right now, it's gonna be slim pickings 140 bc he's a beast. As you pointed out he's f-ckd up at 47 bc of his ties with the Bobfather

Comment

*** He CAN move up to 147. He WONT because his ass will get kicked. ****

Comment

garcia is staying at 135 hoping loma will fight him, so crawford wont be getting garcia any time soon. he will probably be a 147 by the time garcia goes to 140

Comment

I'm not convinced Arum & PBC can't come to terms in the future one way or another.

I'd also be curious how long the Crawford/HBO deal is for. I've been hearing Steve Kim, who has a long standing relationship with Arum, suggest Arum is looking to shake sh^t up a little bit in the future. I could see Arum flipping over to Showtime with his not so great relationship with Peter Nelson these days after being a HBO highly favored promoter for years. And with HBO's budget they might welcome lightening up their load a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
            garcia is staying at 135 hoping loma will fight him, so crawford wont be getting garcia any time soon. he will probably be a 147 by the time garcia goes to 140
            Garcia and Loma aren't fighting either. Bob does not put his star fighters in 50/50 fights outside the Top Rank stable.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I'm not convinced Arum & PBC can't come to terms in the future one way or another.

I'd also be curious how long the Crawford/HBO deal is for. I've been hearing Steve Kim, who has a long standing relationship with Arum, suggest Arum is looking to shake sh^t up a little bit in the future. I could see Arum flipping over to Showtime with his not so great relationship with Peter Nelson these days after being a HBO highly favored promoter for years. And with HBO's budget they might welcome lightening up their load a little more.
              They can come together for Molina and Diaz. Bob does not let his stars fight in 50/50 fights outside the Top Rank stable.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                They can come together for Molina and Diaz. Bob does not let his stars fight in 50/50 fights outside the Top Rank stable.
                Sooner or later he'll have to or Crawford's at his ceiling now basically regardless of how great he is or isn't.

Comment

He wants to stay at his best and proper fighting weight and win fights. He is willing to fight anyone at his weight of 140. More power to him. He is smart and there isn't a damn thing wrong with him doing that. Why should he drop to 135 and be drained? Why should he go up to 147 and fight men naturally bigger than himself? Crawford is THE MAN at 140. The undisputed best 140 pound boxer fighting today. He should stay exactly where he is unless making 140 becomes difficult. Let the 135 pound guys who want to fight him come up to 140. Let the 147 pound guys who want to fight him come down to 140. Arron Pryor was unbeatable at 140 and he never moved up or down. Just think of Crawford as a Pryor type unbeatable 140 pound champion.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    He wants to stay at his best and proper fighting weight and win fights. He is willing to fight anyone at his weight of 140. More power to him. He is smart and there isn't a damn thing wrong with him doing that. Why should he drop to 135 and be drained? Why should he go up to 147 and fight men naturally bigger than himself? Crawford is THE MAN at 140. The undisputed best 140 pound boxer fighting today. He should stay exactly where he is unless making 140 becomes difficult. Let the 135 pound guys who want to fight him come up to 140. Let the 147 pound guys who want to fight him come down to 140. Arron Pryor was unbeatable at 140 and he never moved up or down. Just think of Crawford as a Pryor type unbeatable 140 pound champion.
                    Difference is back the there was more competition for Pryor compared to what Crawford has today.

Comment

Working...
                    X