• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who has underrated defensive skills?

from any era, who :0?

Margarito's chin.

Comment

I wouldn't say underrated but under appreciated, Ricar Abril.

Comment

Jose Luis Ramirez.

Comment

Roberto Duran. He never gets mentioned like he should as one of the best defensive fighters.

Comment

thx for the replies, what kinda of defense were they exceptional at? headmovement, blocking with gloves that dont seem very obvious, foottwork etc.
            Originally posted by PBP View Post
            Roberto Duran. He never gets mentioned like he should as one of the best defensive fighters.
            i was actually watching a highlihgt video of his before i brought this up, because i remmeber someone saying he has underrated defensive skills (and julio cesar chavez sr)

Comment

I always thought cotto had a decent defense For his style of fighting

Comment

Manny Pacquiao, he has a very good guard and good lateral and head movement.

Comment

Bernard Hopkins normally he just gets mentioned for his dirty fighting and before mauling but he's pretty defensively sound

Also jmm he's a master and parrying punches and spinning his opponent
                  Erik morales is another sure he's known for his wars but he had pretty sound defensive skills when needed

Like another poster said not underrated but prbly under appreciated

Comment

Dwight Muhammad Qawi.

Comment

Working...
                    X