Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lemieux To Billy Joe Saunders: I Can't Wait To Destroy You, P*ssy!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deletrious View Post
    Eric Gomez says saunders not in immediate plans for lemieux. Well that was exciting for five minutes.
    Where did you read that? I don't see why Golden Boy would be opposed to giving Lemieux a shot at Saunders.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
      ...What? His last match was a 12 rounder and he won an extremely wide UD.

Although BJS is the more skilled of the two I can see Lemieux blasting him out. When Eubank Jr actually kicked it into gear and pressured BJS he started to unravel, Lemieux does this from the get go and has an extremely high workrate.
      Lemieux KO'd Curtis Stevens in round 3.

Comment

Originally posted by World Champion? View Post
        Lemieux KO'd Curtis Stevens in round 3.
        Lemieux has fought since then and won a wide unanimous decision over Marcos Reyes. Lemieux hurt his hand in that match

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
          Lemieux has fought since then and won a wide unanimous decision over Marcos Reyes. Lemieux hurt his hand in that match
          Thanks for that, I missed that fight since I didn't bother watching Canelo-Chavez jr.

Comment

Originally posted by World Champion? View Post
            I don't know how to quote all the mini quotes so I'm just putting the whole quote together and will answer each question one by one.

Firstly, he has had the belt for over 18 months and has defended it once against an unknown #12 ranked fighter who was no threat to him. Before taking that fight he wanted to face Max Bursak, another guy who is no threat. Billy joe should have had at least 2 mandatory fights by now against the top rated WBO fighter, however the WBO hasn't seen any reason to call one, not even now.

In my opinion, BJ has potentially held up fights by not facing the best available fighters or taken any top mandatory fights. I don't blame him for not fighting GGG, he doesn't have to, but he hasn't even defended his title every 9 months as is required by WBO rules. In reality he should not have been allowed to negotiate a unification with Golovkin as at the time he was required to have 2 consecutive mandatories defenses. The WBO has done everything it can to accomodate Frank Warren and BJ's ambition of cashing out the belt but he has somehow managed to blow his opportunities up until now.

So without defending the titles, it's not clear where BJ sits in the division, we know how good he can be when active, but when inactive he has shown that he can allow himself to get out of shape. So right now, rather than being a challenge for GGG or Canelo, I don't think he could beat Lemieux, Jacobs or Murata.

Secondly, although BJ can regain his relevance with a win against Lemieux, that's not really something that should be in question for a 'world champion' who has held his belt for almost 2 years (by the time he fights), especially in a division where there are only 2 champions (3 if you count lineal).

Every fighter should be required to defend their belts if they are calling themselves champions, fighters can be out of shape, have a poor performance etc. and lose their title. This doesn't make them bad fighters, it is part of the game. The whole point of boxing is to prove your worth in the ring, whether or not you are expected to beat the challenger. By holding the belt and not taking on challengers BJ is not doing himself or the sport any service.

that is what we used to say about GGG until a few months ago

and as you admitted above, Saunders will be right back in contention after winning 1 fight

also, did you read this comment.....

he has called out every relevant fighter at 160 over the last 12 months, except for maybe Danny Jacobs..... including Golovkin, Canelo, and Lemieux..... dating right back to his refusal to fight Rosado in Vegas because GBP would not contractually guarantee him Canelo next

sorry, but this is just starting to sound like typical NSB bashing

you couldn't name a fight he prevented

it's no big deal

I agree that the inactivity will not help him

but it took Golovkin about 11 years - 5 of which were filled with nothing but hollow promises - to get off his fat ass and finally make a meaningful fight..... Saunders is a young lad, he has plenty of time left to make an impact, if he is capable

I agree that the WBO should strip him for inactivity, but not sure if he has an exemption or whatever..... I think he may possibly have one

Comment

Originally posted by Deletrious View Post
              You make it sound like 1.5 is a joke, but Golovkin only would have made a little more, maybe 2.

Kell made way more because he's a much more popular fighter. That doesn't prove saunders right for passing, it proves he's an idiot for being inactive.

I don't believe any of that

* 1.5mil, is a joke
              * you have no idea how much Golovkin would have made
              * Kell Brook is not way more popular than Saunders

Brook was/is NOT a draw

NOBODY had ever referred to Kell Brook as a draw until after Golovkin selected him..... you guys completely made that up

Kell Brook was a relatively unknown welter, who had never participated in a PPV event, and who was not a draw

Hearn said he had never made a cent off Kell Brook

Comment

how the fcuk is Gennady Golovkin fighting Dominic Wade and Kell Brook sooooo much better for the world of boxing, than Saunders being inactive?

the world of boxing gained nothing from either of those efforts

NOBODY rates Saunders in the Top3 at middleweight, and yet Golovkin is supposed to be the man..... he should have achieved much more than Saunders

once again..... Boxingscene is fixated with dribble, whilst conveniently overlooking..... well, dribble

Comment

"capture fans' imagination.." I beg to differ!!!!

Comment

Both of you are bums, who cares!

Comment

Good fight, I'll be watching

Comment

Working...
                      X