Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Fires Back at Canelo: Brook is Doing What You Won't Do!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obliterator View Post
    The thing is the casuals outnumber the fans that know what happened. So he's still going to make that big money and possibly big numbers in Texas.
    not really canelo's ppv will flop just like the khan one did.

Comment

chicken **** canelo is getting it from all sides LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Canelo is not just "bigger" on fight night, his fights are "bigger!" Canelo is the cash cow of boxing right now, with Mayweather and Pacquiao out the game. Oscar is not letting that go anytime soon. He let Canelo face Mayweather because the money was too much to deny. GGG is not Mayweather! He draws less people, and he's a bigger threat! Now if he had dropped that weight, we would've had a fight. Now GGG will have to wait until Canelo can't make 154/155, and then he has to wait for Canelo to fight Saunders or Lemieux, or both! Hindsight is 20/20!
        I never argued any of that. But who's to say that he won't create a 156 or any other division between 160 and continue the charade? Any we can't for certain say that if GGG had dropped to 155 that the fight would've happened immediately. And if he fights both of them before GGG, then that fight isn't happening until 2018, at least. I don't trust of what GBP will do because not only is Canelo the cash cow, he's their only real asset at this point. I don't know what I would do if I was Golovkin's team but at some point they got to move on, unfortunately. Canelo can continue to say all the **** he wants, knowing full well that there's nothing to force him into a fight, which is pretty shameful. Oh well, **** it. Part of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
          not really canelo's ppv will flop just like the khan one did.
          May 12, 2016:

Canelo Alvarez’s sixth-round knockout of Amir Khan on Saturday night in Las Vegas generated “just shy” of 600,000 pay-per-view buys, an industry source told the Los Angeles Times...

By reaching nearly 600,000 buys at age 25, Alvarez posted more sales than anyone at his age since his promoter, Oscar De La Hoya, did so in his 1997 victory by unanimous decision over Pernell Whitaker at age 24...

Golovkin had fewer than 150,000 buys in his October pay-per-view debut against David Lemieux at a sold-out Madison Square Garden in New York...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing...512-story.html

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
            I never argued any of that. But who's to say that he won't create a 156 or any other division between 160 and continue the charade? Any we can't for certain say that if GGG had dropped to 155 that the fight would've happened immediately. And if he fights both of them before GGG, then that fight isn't happening until 2018, at least. I don't trust of what GBP will do because not only is Canelo the cash cow, he's their only real asset at this point. I don't know what I would do if I was Golovkin's team but at some point they got to move on, unfortunately. Canelo can continue to say all the **** he wants, knowing full well that there's nothing to force him into a fight, which is pretty shameful. Oh well, **** it. Part of the sport.
            We don't know what would have happened if K2 said GGG would be willing to go to 155, but I wished that they would have called his bluff! What they did was repeatedly state that the fight had to be @ 160, or no fight! I didn't agree with that strategy! I understand that GGG would be at a disadvantage if he had to come to 155, but wouldn't Ward be at a disadvantage if he had to come to 164? I think that (saying Ward @ 164) was another Loeffler mistake! Then to criticize Canelo for fighting Khan @ 155, and then to fight Brook @ 160, I feel is another mistake! We will see the fight eventually, and GGG can't really do anything but wait. There's no big money fight @ 168, now that Ward is gone, so Canelo is his last hope to prove his greatness!

Comment

still trying hard to sell the fight I see!

Brook is doing what BOTH canelo and lilg wont do. Move up in weight and fight a top guy.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                "He didn't want to fight Ward at 168"

Oh please, it's been disclosed countless times Golovkin much like Pacquaio gets a name. He himself has said I fight who they tell me to fight and both K2 and HBO wanted to make the Ward fight. The irony is no reporter grows a pair and asks ward if he was offered the fight in 2014 or not, which many know he actually was at full 168.

If you want to criticize anyone in that camp call out the proper person and that's Loeffler because even as a fan of the boxer his promoter sucks major @ss trying to placate everyone else.
                lilg's team saying 164 or no fight:

2014 you say?????

that's july 2014 ^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Erik1984 View Post
                  didn't he get a fight with Floyd? or as a blinded GGG nut licker refuse to see what it is?maybe I'm wrong but I think he did had to loose a couple of pounds . and canelo wasn't claiming to beat anyone from 147 to 160 if a big fight would be offered to him.
                  Fight with Floyd, wtf? Yeah of course you're wrong, silly alt

Comment

May 12, 2016:

Canelo Alvarez’s sixth-round knockout of Amir Khan on Saturday night in Las Vegas generated “just shy” of 600,000 pay-per-view buys, an industry source told the Los Angeles Times...

By reaching nearly 600,000 buys at age 25, Alvarez posted more sales than anyone at his age since his promoter, Oscar De La Hoya, did so in his 1997 victory by unanimous decision over Pernell Whitaker at age 24...

Golovkin had fewer than 150,000 buys in his October pay-per-view debut against David Lemieux at a sold-out Madison Square Garden in New York...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing...512-story.html
                    lol at industry source.they never officially released the numbers

Comment

Oh, please enlighten me.
                      There was no dialog cause Gbp wanted none. It's nothing like Oscar Hopkins:

1. That fight wasn't mandated, midget Oscar just wanted to fight Hopkins
                      2. He actually made an offer, unlike Canelo
                      3. For great money
                      4. At a much reasonable 158
                      5. While being a considerably smaller guy
                      6. And holding a paper who belt, not lineal

But the fundamental difference is, Oscar wanted the unforced fight, Canelo wanted to dodge the mandated fight

Comment

Working...
                      X