Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
    Kovalev is extremely accurate.
    No he isn't, and definitely not compared to WARd

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
      No he isn't, and definitely not compared to WARd
      Yes he is and yes.

Comment

noone thinks kovalev's work-rate troubles ward?

it's interesting matchup, and much more natural than ggg-ward, imo.

Comment

I think you need hand speed and timing to beat Ward. Out of all the light heavyweights, I think Jean Pascal would give Ward the most trouble. The slower fighters like Kovalev just won't do despite the power.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            I think you need hand speed and timing to beat Ward. Out of all the light heavyweights, I think Jean Pascal would give Ward the most trouble. The slower fighters like Kovalev just won't do despite the power.
            Style wise I would think Dawson at 175, and you seen how that turned out. Maybe Stevensen now But ward would beat him the same way

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
              noone thinks kovalev's work-rate troubles ward?

it's interesting matchup, and much more natural than ggg-ward, imo.
              If he gets it going then yes the workrate would be an issue for Ward. So would the combination punching and footwork. Kovalev moves around the ring very well.

Comment

There's a reason Ward is avoiding 175 like the plague, that's all that needs to be said

Comment

Ward is avoiding 175 like Hagler avoided it. In other words he's not. He's perfect where he's at and is the dominant champion at his best weight. He has no obligation to give up his throne for a shot at a titlist (not even the top dog) of another division who isn't even a star level name as it stands. Let's be honest. Some people are just desperate to see Ward lose and they are clutching to the hope of a bigger guy to do it. I'm not saying the TS, but they know who they are. Ward will move up if and when he wants to. Until then his haters can suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
                    Ward is avoiding 175 like Hagler avoided it. In other words he's not. He's perfect where he's at and is the dominant champion at his best weight. He has no obligation to give up his throne for a shot at a titlist (not even the top dog) of another division who isn't even a star level name as it stands. Let's be honest. Some people are just desperate to see Ward lose and they are clutching to the hope of a bigger guy to do it. I'm not saying the TS, but they know who they are. Ward will move up if and when he wants to. Until then his haters can suffer.
                    I don't think that's true. They just want to see him in a competitive fight. One-sided fights are boring so fans pick out guys they believe will provide good competition.

Anyway, I think Ward would beat Kovalev on the inside, same as he would Golovkin. Kovalev would be tougher though, and like Stevenson could land the big shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      I don't think that's true. They just want to see him in a competitive fight. One-sided fights are boring so fans pick out guys they believe will provide good competition.

Anyway, Ward would beat Kovalev on the inside, same as he would Golovkin.
                      I'm certain it's true for the both of us, Weebler! lol

Comment

Working...
                      X