Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Rips Hopkins on HBO, Malignaggi-Mosley on SHO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopkins is trying to break his own record against a fighter that is not very good and that averages about one fight a year. In my opinion it is not something to get all that excited about. And if Bhop hasn't gotten really ancient, beyond physically that is, he should win easy in a real snoozer.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
      Mosley is terrible yet he just fought ya Boy Manny in 2011 after a loss and a draw and you hyped the hell out of that fight Arum....
      You crazy F-l-o-m-o.

Don't you know that Mosley was in his prime?? He was coming off of almost Koing Floyd Mayweather, and drawing with a class C fighter Sergio Mora.
      Mosley was practically undefeated, get it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        I disagree with Arum here.

Hopkins generates good ratings for HBO. Golden Boy can use Hopkins name and ability to draw users as a platform to promote younger fighters on the undercard, like Keith Thurman who will also be fighting that night.

Mosley vs. Malignaggi is a **** fight but I think you have the same issue here. You can use big name fighters to draw viewers and put the younger up and coming guys on the undercards to help them build up their fanbases.
        C'mon bro. Arum is a hypocrite but he's right. I mean, is Thurman really going to benefit on the whole from being on the undercard of a fight we know is going to be stinky?

You're basically justifying the existence of both fights on the basis that they're gonna help young fighters on the undercard. I don't think that works. I think you're really reaching there.

And personally, I like my headline fights to be something more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
          You crazy F-l-o-m-o.

Don't you know that Mosley was in his prime?? He was coming off of almost Koing Floyd Mayweather, and drawing with a class C fighter Sergio Mora.
          Mosley was practically undefeated, get it right!!!
          Damn how could i have forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
            Damn how could i have forgotten
            Lol, but yea, that's exactly how Arum promoted Manny Vs Mosley, and p-a-ctards were all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
              Hate to say it but the old man has a point. HBO is wasting valuable resources on 2 fights that nobody is interested in.
              Speak for yourself. Malignaggi-Mosley sucks, but Hopkins-Cloud? Get out of here.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                C'mon bro. Arum is a hypocrite but he's right. I mean, is Thurman really going to benefit on the whole from being on the undercard of a fight we know is going to be stinky?

You're basically justifying the existence of both fights on the basis that they're gonna help young fighters on the undercard. I don't think that works. I think you're really reaching there.

And personally, I like my headline fights to be something more than that.
                The numbers don't lie:

Hopkins/Pascal 2 - 1.8 million
                Hopkins/Dawson - 1.6 million

First off, with ratings like that, why would you not want to showcase a Hopkins fight? It's live a TV station cancelling one of its most watched shows. And how else would you promote young fighter? Keith Thurman doesn't have the fanbase to headline his own card.

Arum always talks about not doing certain things because it doesn't make business sense, but when HBO buys a fight with one of its most watch fighters he's the first to criticize.
                Last edited by -PBP-; 01-18-2013, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Yeah Bob.....because you're always about putting the best against the best. By the way, you matched a Mosley who hadn't won a fight in 2 years and that was coming off getting his ass whupped, up against your cash cow on PPV.

Comment

Wait is this the same guy who is trying to make a 5th JMM-Pac fight?

lmfao

No credibility.

Comment

Why is Hopkins-Cloud a garbage fight?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X