• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GREAT NEWS: HBO Creating New Boxing Show

You heard it here first...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...Top+Stories%29

HBO Gives Pilot Order to "Spyke" Lee, Mike Tyson Boxing Drama

"Entourage" creator Doug Ellin is also on board for the project, which would be loosely based on the former heavyweight champion's early life in the ring.

August 30, 7:09 PM PDT 8/30/2011 by (Lacey Rose), (Lesley Goldberg)

HBO is stepping into the the boxing ring with Mike Tyson, "Spyke" Lee and Doug Ellin.

The premium cable network has ordered a pilot for Da Brick, a boxing drama project loosely based on former heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson’s early life in the ring.

The project hails from Tyson, along with Lee, L.A. Riots' John Ridley, Entourage creator Ellin and his producing partner Jim Lefkowitz. Lee is set to direct with Ridley on board to write and serve as showrunner. It will be set in Newark, N.J., which is often dubbed "Brick City."

Much as Entourage was inspired by producer Mark Wahlberg's life, Da Brick will reflect aspects of Tyson's upbringing. It marks the latest in a string of Hollywood projects for Tyson, who has turned up in the Hangover franchise as well as Animal Planet's Taking on Tyson. Last season, he added a cameo on Entourage to his resume.

For his part, Ellin has a comedy vehicle with Ed Burns set up at HBO and will wrap up Entourage after eight seasons later this summer. Lee, too, is no stranger for the premium cable net, having produced and directed a series of New Orleans documentaries, When the Levees Broke and If God Is Willing and da Creek Don't Rise.

"You heard it here first..."

Yeah, except the news been out for months.
    At least the news about it being developed.

cool show-idea though.

Sorry. I missed where you posted the details.
    So you got so butthurt over me telling u this is not new and definitely not where "u heard it first", that you put me on ignore?

ROFL

what kind of a ****ing fa.g.got are u really?

Sorry i crushed your dreams pedro.

Oh and heres the original news about it slowpoke.
    news/Entourage_Creator_Teams_with_****e_Lee_Mike_Tyson_ for_HBO_Show/7810787 (with the hollywood(dot)com prefix since new users can't post urls. lol, and the s p i k where the stars is.)

Now please remove me from the ignore list so i can keep posting in your ****ty threads. I promise not to be mean to you anymore.
    Last edited by Krazee-Eyez; 08-31-2011, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Krazee-Eyez View Post
      "You heard it here first..."

Yeah, except the news been out for months.

cool show-idea though.
      Sorry. I missed where you posted the details.

Comment

NICE I can't wait to hear more about this

Comment

looking forward to it.. HBO is the best cable premium channel

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
            NICE I can't wait to hear more about this
            You gotta figure that it's gonna be young and hip with Doug Ellin involved.

Entourage meets boxing?

Hopefully they can also capture the gritty feel that HBO was able to get with The Wire.

Comment

whats a da?

Comment

You can thank Pacquiao, because when he broke HBO's monopoly on boxing by taking his million selling ppvs to showtime, it forced HBO to compete.

Therefore boxing gets more exposure.

Comment

will watch

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                    You can thank Pacquiao, because when he broke HBO's monopoly on boxing by taking his million selling ppvs to showtime, it forced HBO to compete.

Therefore boxing gets more exposure.
                    What is your previous name?

Comment

Working...
                    X