No announcement yet.

Edwin Valero vs. Vassyl Lomachenko at 135

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
    DeMarco beat a guy Loma may fight one day. And Lomas resume is decent but overrated.
    I was at that fight (on Hopkins-Dawson I card Staples). Linares had won basically every round and was dominating but got cut and didn't react well to it and bled profusely. He didn't lose due to an issue with skill or poor punch resistance. It was strange just how quickly it changed.

Luckily Linares' skin didn't end his career as an elite fighter because it looked like it would. He always had elite skills and at one point looked like a potentially great fighter. I think Lomacenko would have an easier time with him but it won't be an easy fight.

Comment

Big fan of Valero but Loma would beat him

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        I was at that fight (on Hopkins-Dawson I card Staples). Linares had won basically every round and was dominating but got cut and didn't react well to it and bled profusely. He didn't lose due to an issue with skill or poor punch resistance. It was strange just how quickly it changed.
        Luckily Linares' skin didn't end his career as an elite fighter because it looked like it would. He always had elite skills and at one point looked like a potentially great fighter. I think Lomacenko would have an easier time with him but it won't be an easy fight.
        Linares lost period and no amount of excuses will override that.

Comment

Linares lost period and no amount of excuses will override that.
          He did, but did he get outclassed? He was dominating and showing good skills. It wasn't a lack of skill or talent it was a freak cut. Kind of like Lewis-Vitali. It was a fair punch but the better man that night arguably lost fair and square.

That's Boxing. John David Jackson was killing Jorge Castro and then all of a sudden a shot from nowhere changed the fight.

I think Linares is a better fighter than DeMarco. His career and current status proves it.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            He did, but did he get outclassed? He was dominating and showing good skills. It wasn't a lack of skill or talent it was a freak cut. Kind of like Lewis-Vitali. It was a fair punch but the better man that night arguably lost fair and square.

That's Boxing. John David Jackson was killing Jorge Castro and then all of a sudden a shot from nowhere changed the fight.

I think Linares is a better fighter than DeMarco. His career and current status proves it.
            No offense, but what's your point? DeMarco beat Linares...and he stopped him.

Comment

No offense, but what's your point? DeMarco beat Linares...and he stopped him.
              That the loss didn't really show DeMarco to be a better overall fighter than Linares and that Linares at this point is clearly better than any version of DeMarco. It was a freak loss much like Byrd-Vitali but not controversial.

Comment

Loma clowns the **** out of that fool

maybe because he died or had a long list of cab driver KOs but Valero is SEVERELY overrated on these boards

Comment

Every boxer who dies or goes to prison at the dawn of their career is a God on boxingscene.

It's like guys who start listening to a band/rapper after they bite the dust and suddenly see amazing messages in their dumbass lyrics.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    Loma clowns the **** out of that fool

maybe because he died or had a long list of cab driver KOs but Valero is SEVERELY overrated on these boards
                    I always thought he was extremely overrated. I never got a chance to see him at the gym but people that I know did and said the dude was incredible and this was before he died. A friend of mine who's a huge Marquez fan like myself swore that if they fight Valero will blast him out inside 6 rounds which I thought and still think is crazy. I remember speaking to Gio Segura who said he'd beat all the guys in those weight classes when he was alive.

My take was that he was overrated and perhaps more of a gym fighter. In the ring there were a lot of weaknesses and sloppiness but that it could overcome a lot of opponents but not the elite. The last fight he had he looked great but it is DeMarco so it's hard to truly measure him. He was absolutely crazy and nobody denied that even while alive and apparently it was weird being around him like you knew he was crazy. That could help him in the ring but I'd imagine an intelligent, level headed fighter with supreme skills would get him.

Comment

I've got to with Loma by wide UD or late KO. Valero beat DeMarco and a laundry list of middle of the road boxers. He has power but would he be able to apply that power against a quality defensive fighter like Loma?

Comment

Working...
                      X