Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Did Mikkel Kessler turn down the Lucian Bute fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Did Mikkel Kessler turn down the Lucian Bute fight?

Is the reason why this fight didn't happen because Kessler and his team didn't want the fight?

Think he wasnt happy with the money and the venue.

I dont really mind as long as they fight next. Kessler will have won the WBO belt so it'll be a unification.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Think he wasnt happy with the money and the venue.

I dont really mind as long as they fight next. Kessler will have won the WBO belt so it'll be a unification.
      Hopefully they do fight in 2012. Only thing I don't get though is that if Kessler wasn't happy with the money, why didn't he make a counter offer and see where that would get him. Unless he really didn't want the fight at that point and was more interested with Stieglitz's belt than Bute's...

Comment

It's the double "P"s - paper and place ( not pu$$y).

Comment

Originally posted by Taranazan View Post
          if Kessler wasn't happy with the money, why didn't he make a counter offer
          I seem to recall Bute's offer being so far out it was deemed not worth even taking him too seriously.

Comment

Cus Froch finished him.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
              Cus Froch finished him.
              Kessler ain't finished....and Kessler beat Froch you know.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
                I seem to recall Bute's offer being so far out it was deemed not worth even taking him too seriously.
                We know Interbox offered Pavlik $1.35M guaranteed. I can't ee Kessler getting much less than that. For a first offer in a negociation, it's not bad at all.

Kessler negociated with Stieglitz for months. But he couldn't make at least one offer to Bute. Even if Bute's offer was really low, what did Kessler have to lose making an offer himself?

Comment

I think he didn't like the idea of not being able to maximizing Danish TV potential due to timezone conflicts. When he fought that tomato can from France, he drew a ****load of viewers, imagine what a fight with Bute could earn Kessler in TV revenue given the right circumstance.

Comment

Originally posted by Taranazan View Post
                    We know Interbox offered Pavlik $1.35M guaranteed. I can't ee Kessler getting much less than that.
                    Kessler was offered $3M

Comment

Working...
                    X