No announcement yet.

Are jobless people on welfare productive member of society

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Furn View Post
    They have no choice. Pay $60 and raise prices or go out of business.

now every one of your employees can ask for twice the money or they quit.

Who are you going to replace them ?
    with ?

There no unemployed.
    Let them quit.. Where are they going to work?

You assume that businesses wouldn't open and old ones wouldn't close. And that people wouldnt change jobs and not have career advancements...

I want to live in an economy with full employment and baristas are making $60 bucks an hour. You would rather have people unemployed and have the baristas make minimum wage

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Let them quit.. Where are they going to work?

You assume that businesses wouldn't open and old ones wouldn't close. And that people wouldnt change jobs and not have career advancements...

I want to live in an economy with full employment and baristas are making $60 bucks an hour. You would rather have people unemployed and have the baristas make minimum wage

They aren't quiting they are going to make more money at another company.

There's no labour.

Everyone can work right ?

Just the lazy don't ?

Comment

They aren't quiting they are going to make more money at another company.

There's no labour.

Everyone can work right ?

Just the lazy don't ?
        Everyone can work, and yes people are lazy.. I'm related to some and know many others.

Im going to pay more than the other company,, I just raised it to $75 an hr

Now what?

And what's the cost of labor margin on your revenue of your coffee shop?

Comment

Everyone can work, and yes people are lazy.. I'm related to some and know many others.

Im going to pay more than the other company,, I just raised it to $75 an hr

Now what?

And what's the cost of labor margin on your revenue of your coffee shop?
          The margin is irrelevant I will pay $90 an hour and raise my prices to suit.

Im now charging $30 for a coffee !

Comment

The margin is irrelevant I will pay $90 an hour and raise my prices to suit.

Im now charging $30 for a coffee !
            Well in reality, the cost of labor margin is actually very important. Pay your $90 and raise your prices.. Sell $30 cups of coffee, I will sell them for $3, work by myself, keep my labor costs margin low, be swamped with customers, you will go out of business, and I will expand my business hiring in your ex employees that lost their jobs since you were stupid enough to charge people $30 for coffee and actually expected to get customers, and since every possible job is filled, they will have to come work in my coffee shop at a much more reasonable rate..

Your fallacy is thinking you can just keep raising prices and it not have any effect on your business.. Same thing with your cost of labor...
            If you think you are going to sell $30 cups of coffee and pay $90 an hour, and still stay in business then you are mistaken

Comment

Well in reality, the cost of labor margin is actually very important. Pay your $90 and raise your prices.. Sell $30 cups of coffee, I will sell them for $3, work by myself, keep my labor costs margin low, be swamped with customers, you will go out of business, and I will expand my business hiring in your ex employees that lost their jobs since you were stupid enough to charge people $30 for coffee and actually expected to get customers, and since every possible job is filled, they will have to come work in my coffee shop at a much more reasonable rate..

Your fallacy is thinking you can just keep raising prices and it not have any effect on your business.. Same thing with your cost of labor...
              If you think you are going to sell $30 cups of coffee and pay $90 an hour, and still stay in business then you are mistaken
              So go and sell your home made coffee

Without a react made labour force no business could succeed .

The truth is, the super rich who run the world have scared you into blaming the unemployed for what's wrong with your life despite the fact that less than 1.5% of your tax goes to that select few.

Comment

So go and sell your home made coffee

Without a react made labour force no business could succeed .

The truth is, the super rich who run the world have scared you into blaming the unemployed for what's wrong with your life despite the fact that less than 1.5% of your tax goes to that select few.
                I'm not blaming anyone for my life... Please quote where I'm blaming..

I just don't want my hard earned money taken and given to strangers

You can think it's fine for people to be dependent on government hand outs.. That's fine, I'm going to bed,,, you can have the last word... I gotta go to work and be productive tmrw so people that don't work can get money

Comment

I'm not blaming anyone for my life... Please quote where I'm blaming..

I just don't want my hard earned money taken and given to strangers

You can think it's fine for people to be dependent on government hand outs.. That's fine, I'm going to bed,,, you can have the last word... I gotta go to work and be productive tmrw so people that don't work can get money
                  K but without other people you don't make anything tomorrow
                  Last edited by Furn; 11-26-2016, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
                    Are these people contributing anything to our society to increase our GDP or better our economy or they are 100% a burden.

Name me a few positive things about able bodied jobless people on welfare contribute to our society.
                    I think the number of welfare recipients who are able bodied and can find work that pays enough for rent and food is generally overestimated anyway.

Comment

Then I would offer more.. Free market dictates the labor market, worker gets justly compensated...
                      Immigration control dictates the labor market more than anything, 80% of employees (including you probably) would see their wages plummet if we eased immigration controls.

Comment

Working...
                      X