Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN Reveals $99.99 Yearly Plan, Monthly Increase to $19.99

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    The flawed argument here is that not that many boxing fans purchase PPVs anyways. So when you subscribe for SHO or ESPN+ or used to subscribe for HBO, not like everyone that subscribes to those networks are purchasing the PPV. Heck, the majority of boxing fans will find an illegal stream for PPVs. So when you say it is worth two PPV fights compared to SHO, it doesn't really work that way.

Those that just would subscribe for certain months like for say a Canelo fight? You may lose some potential subscribers there as they would be willing to pay 10 bucks but not 20 bucks. Not the counter argument to that is you would have had to pay $75 bucks for his fights before he got to DAZN and that would be a good argument. Though the PPV audience is likely older and aren't able to stream or just don't know how to.

I'm interested in seeing how this plays out. Again, a lot of fans will be turned off with having to pay a yearly fee of $99.99 and others will be turned off at paying $19.99 for a monthly fee. But the people running DAZN are not dummies, so they must have some good data backing up their new plan. Either that, or they know those Canelo/GGG/Joshua/etc purses aren't going to work out with the $9.99 monthly fee lol.
    Im assuming a number of people were subscribing for 1 or 2 months for a particular event they liked and then unsubbing. DAZN are probably still hoping to get those guys, but at higher costs, while obviously rewarding long term subscribers with an overall discount. If it doesn't work, theres always the option to drop it back down. Personally I'd have increased it to $15 per month first. Its a bit more palatable, than doubling the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by G G G View Post
      LMFAOOO!!! XXDD Its pretty much PPV but cheaper which is nice. I will only order the month of the fights of Gennady.
      Wow I would have never guessed. I thought you turned your attention back to Canelo when I revealed to you that GGG was not half Mexican? You are loyal sweetheart

Comment

Lol the Hearn/dlh fans are mad lol. Come on lads, don’t be cross.....just enjoy all those commercials, Kansas shows, Matchroom uk shows, and the coming further increases in prices that are on the way lol

Comment

Ouch that's going to bite them in the ass they have little hope in attracting casuals now especially with that price point

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            That is the best argument for urging boxing fans to pay that $99.99 yearly fee.

But were you actually ordering both his PPVs every year? Or even one of them?
            I ordered multiple ppvs a year. Usually 2 canelo’s 2 Pac’s when he was more active, and sometimes when a good fight would come up. Garcia/Spence for example.

I maybe in the minority here, but I am actually glad Dazn and ESPN+ have come along. To me it is cheaper and imo better content. Much better than when I had to pay for hbo, showtime, and several ppv’s. per year.

Comment

DAZN got all these fighters to sign under the implicit premise that it would only cost fans $10 to see their fights(not saying they wouldn't have signed anyways but still). So now fans have to pay in 1 lump sum or get screwed,then next yr they'll become like netflix & start increasing the price constantly because just like netflix they need to subsidize fighters like ggg to take on his next stumble bum & then his cashout fight vs canelo. Goes to show all the grandstanding about only $10 a month was just grade A BS. And IT HAS COMMERCIALS FFS
              Last edited by kushking; 03-21-2019, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by guyver8 View Post
                What kind of boxing fan gets all hyped and excited about the prospect of a cheap boxing platform failing and says dumb ish like, "good thing Wilder didn't sign the AJ offer".

Some Justin Bieber level FanGirl-ism.. smh.
                Same kind that celebrated when Tyson Fury swerved the rematch

Comment

Originally posted by guyver8 View Post
                  Im assuming a number of people were subscribing for 1 or 2 months for a particular event they liked and then unsubbing. DAZN are probably still hoping to get those guys, but at higher costs, while obviously rewarding long term subscribers with an overall discount. If it doesn't work, theres always the option to drop it back down. Personally I'd have increased it to $15 per month first. Its a bit more palatable, than doubling the cost.
                  What DAZN is REALLY hoping for is people subscribe for a certain month and forget to cancel their subscription. That's actually what most of these subscription services hope for. And obviously it works quite a bit...Because once I had this $50 dollar fee from Wall Street Journal and I didn't know what the hell it was. Then I found out I had subscribed for a month for a dollar and then forgot to cancel it. But the fact it went from like a dollar to $50 bucks is baffling as hell lol.

Comment

I always said Top Rank is doing it the right way....ESPN on basic cable, an app, and ppv when they need it. And the app is $5 a month....dead good dosh that, much better than $20. Just imagine if dazn did put PBC and top rank out of business....I promise you you’ll be paying in upwards of $50 a month or more

Comment

Originally posted by JJRod View Post
                      I ordered multiple ppvs a year. Usually 2 canelo’s 2 Pac’s when he was more active, and sometimes when a good fight would come up. Garcia/Spence for example.

I maybe in the minority here, but I am actually glad Dazn and ESPN+ have come along. To me it is cheaper and imo better content. Much better than when I had to pay for hbo, showtime, and several ppv’s. per year.
                      Yeah, you're like me then, we purchase damn near every PPV lol.

So yeah, for your case then the new option of having a yearly subscription for 99.99 is definitely worth it.

Comment

Working...
                      X