Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox: Spence Now #1 in Power Connects, #2 in Jabs Thrown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikey got dropped against Roman Martinez, but not Spence who went the distance.

Lol.

Comment

Spence doesn't appear to be a one punch KO guy. He relies on volume. I was very surprised that Mikey didn't get stopped by the mid rounds. Garcia probably has a great chin and lots of toughness too.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
        The thing is, he didn't take that many shots...compubox was heavily off that night....most times. They had a running count that was counting blocked shots live on the screen. It should just be used as a general barometer of how the action went as opposed to something factual.

You're right , I saw alot of those shots get blocked & made to miss by Mikey. They exaggerate to make up for the fact that a huge Welterweight couldn't KO a small lightweight.

Comment

Originally posted by biggdre99 View Post
          U said how his chin would hold up. So u r assuming he won’t stand twelve rounds w somebody who only knocks out inferior competitors. Canelo power isn’t that great. Canelo has only fought two p4p guys and he got schooled by one WHO WAS SMALLER and got two gifts vs the other one. Dummy 😂🤔
          CANELO fought 3 , 2 his size and one way bigger , he schooled 1 guy his size and one way bigger. Using your logic , Spence hits like a girl since he couldn't KO a guy 2 divisions smaller. You don't know what a gift is dummy.😂🤔

Comment

Look, you guys wanna dicker over whether it was 240 powershots or 180 powershots or 3 powershots, be my guest.

Mikey took a prolonged beating.

By all witness accounts including his own brother.

There are several professionals who are calling it "career changing" punishment.

So, that's what I'm concerned about.

One of my favorite fighters, a fighter I had on my personal p4p list a good year and a half before the official lists, THAT'S what I'm concerned about.

I hope Mikey recovers enough to give Loma the arsekickin I know he had coming for him.

Props to Errol for making his case for P4P#1.

Props to Mikey for showing he is a champion even without winning a round.

I hope he is OK.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
              You and me don't ever agree but I'll agree with you on this! Those compubox stats are bullshet! I don't even pay attention to them cause they are unreliable!
              I can't believe they actually keep track of garbage stats like compubox numbers,..??
              Canelo supposedly landed about half the punches in the 2nd Triple g fight than Spence did vs Mikey but Canelo pretty much rearranged Triple g's face with half the punches landed... So compubox wants me to believe Spence landed almost twice as many punches as Canelo and Mikey wasn't anywhere near beat up as Triple g??? Yeah sure!
              Those compubox numbers are a fuccing joke!
              Even if he landed half that's still a dominant performance. If Errol didn't land as many as Compubox posted then Garcia probably got undeserved credit also.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                No way did Spence land as much as compubox says. Garcia was blocking the vast majority of punches. More bs numbers from compubox. Which was why he survived. If Spence landed as many as compubox says he wouldn't have.
                I think they’re counting some partially blocked punches. Garcia did a good job of moving away and blocking. He turned into a turtle and survived.
                I’m still trying to figure out what he thought he saw that made him take this fight

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                  Look, you guys wanna dicker over whether it was 240 powershots or 180 powershots or 3 powershots, be my guest.

Mikey took a prolonged beating.

By all witness accounts including his own brother.

There are several professionals who are calling it "career changing" punishment.

So, that's what I'm concerned about.

One of my favorite fighters, a fighter I had on my personal p4p list a good year and a half before the official lists, THAT'S what I'm concerned about.

I hope Mikey recovers enough to give Loma the arsekickin I know he had coming for him.

Props to Errol for making his case for P4P#1.

Props to Mikey for showing he is a champion even without winning a round.

I hope he is OK.
                  I like Spence and he put on a great fight this past Saturday but in no way is he P4P #1!
                  Beating a smaller guy doesn't catapult you to #1!
                  Now if he can beat Crawford, Thurman or Hurd in the same fashion then hell yeah he's #1...
                  But not yet. He needs to beat a prime fighter his own size to be #1...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                    Even if he landed half that's still a dominant performance. If Errol didn't land as many as Compubox posted then Garcia probably got undeserved credit also.
                    Oh I give Spence credit! Mikey called him out so what was Spence supposed to do???
                    Spence is one of the few guys who ducks no one and he'll fight whoever they put in front of him!
                    Thurman and Porter were obviously ducking him so he took the next best option available to him which was Mikey...
                    Spence did dominate Mikey but I just didn't see 250 power punches landed on Mikey.
                    That's all I'm trying to say.
                    If Spence had really connected 250 power punches then Mikey wouldn't have lasted the whole fight. That's reality!

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                      I like Spence and he put on a great fight this past Saturday but in no way is he P4P #1!
                      Beating a smaller guy doesn't catapult you to #1!
                      Now if he can beat Crawford, Thurman or Hurd in the same fashion then hell yeah he's #1...
                      But not yet. He needs to beat a prime fighter his own size to be #1...
                      Your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Mine is, you beat more elite and other p4p fighters, you get more consideration than some who don't fight elite fighters. You beat the elite and p4p fighters in dominant fashion, you get more consideration than someone barely beating his elite and p4p competition.

Now, if you can name someone currently doing that better than Errol Spence, I'm all ears...

Comment

Working...
                      X