Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman vs. Josesito Lopez - CompuBox Punch Stats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman vs. Josesito Lopez - CompuBox Punch Stats

WBA welterweight champion Keith Thurman controlled the fight with his jab, landing an avg of 7 of 44 per round and outlanding Josesito Lopez 79-17 in that department. Lopez was down in round 2, then rallied to punish Thurman in round seven. Thurman had a 168-100 edge in power punches landed - an advantage of just six per round. Only 24 of Thurman's 247 landed punches were body shots.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Look, we all know that compubox isnt 100% accurate, that its just two guys clicking buttons, but this does further point to Thurman clearly winning the fight. Rewatch the fight, look at the numbers, and then tell me the six rounds Lopez won to even earn a split (assuming he gets a 10-8 rd in the 7th)

Comment

Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post
      Look, we all know that compubox isnt 100% accurate, that its just two guys clicking buttons, but this does further point to Thurman clearly winning the fight. Rewatch the fight, look at the numbers, and then tell me the six rounds Lopez won to even earn a split (assuming he gets a 10-8 rd in the 7th)
      No one is disputing that the right guy won. How thurman looked like was everyone’s main issue.

The win was given to the right guy anyway

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
        No one is disputing that the right guy won. How thurman looked like was everyone’s main issue.

This^. Who the hell is arguing that Thurman won? No one.
        He had zero pop on his punches though. It didn't look like ring rust, it looked like a guy on the decline.

7 of 44 jabs landed per round? On a guy like Lopez? Not a good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          This^. Who the hell is arguing that Thurman won? No one.
          He had zero pop on his punches though. It didn't look like ring rust, it looked like a guy on the decline.

7 of 44 jabs landed per round? On a guy like Lopez? Not a good sign.

I still wanna see him in another fight ( hopefully a step up from Lopez ) and then decide if he is in decline

A two year layoff is a long fughin time
          The only time he really got rocked was in that seventh round , not sure why no leaning or holding your opponent but whatever
          From the middle of the eighth round it was all Thurman and I really thought he would get the ko late
          So before stating he’s on the decline I would like to see him in another and then can make a judgement call

Comment

I never really look a compubox stats to tell the story of the fight cause IT DOESNT. However what I noticed is Lopez lacked on the body punches that his camp (The game plan was to be an all out body assualt all fight till around the 9th round then go for the kill) Even on the 7th round were he had Thurman out on his feet he got too excited and forgot about the body where he had plenty of WIDE open shots to land some real killer shots that would have change teh fight for good.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
              I never really look a compubox stats to tell the story of the fight cause IT DOESNT. However what I noticed is Lopez lacked on the body punches that his camp (The game plan was to be an all out body assualt all fight till around the 9th round then go for the kill) Even on the 7th round were he had Thurman out on his feet he got too excited and forgot about the body where he had plenty of WIDE open shots to land some real killer shots that would have change teh fight for good.
              Lopez went to the body plenty. He was also getting hit in the head plenty. That might have something to do with him not body hunting relentlessly (although he did do a good job of throwing vicious body shots). What's the saying?..."Everybody has a plan until they start getting hit in the face"....That's what happened to Lopez. It wasn't that he forgot to throw body shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                Lopez went to the body plenty. He was also getting hit in the head plenty. That might have something to do with him not body hunting relentlessly (although he did do a good job of throwing vicious body shots). What's the saying?..."Everybody has a plan until they start getting hit in the face"....That's what happened to Lopez. It wasn't that he forgot to throw body shots.
                Well you would think that if you dont know Lopez or are just a casual boxing fan. Its easy to say "EVERYONE GOTS A PLAN TILL THEY GET PUNCH" the famous mike tyson quote that seem to have made itself into casual culture and its a blanket "applies to all" type of statement now, however Lopez ALWAYS fought the way he fought against Thurman, body shots are a common arsenal of Lopez but the reason he went with ROBERT GARCIA was to sharpen up and polish his fundamentals MEANING DO NOT REACH IN WITH PUNCHES TO CLOSE DISTANCE but rather use your footwork and jab to close distance of which Lopez failed to implement for the most part not because "HE GOT HIT AND THE PLAN CHANGED" but rather not enough actual fights under the belt paired with Robert Garcia. This clearly showed in the 7th when Thurman was out on his feet Lopez reverted back to old Lopez not because of being punched in the face or any danger from Thurman but not enough actual fights under the belt to curb his lifetime of bad habits (REACHING WITH HIS PUNCHES TO CLOSE DISTANCE INSTEAD OF FOOTWORK TO CLOSE THE DISTANCE)

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post

Well, there was this one guy who had it even, I was just reiterating how ridiculous that was....and he, unlike us, gets paid to judge

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                    I still wanna see him in another fight ( hopefully a step up from Lopez ) and then decide if he is in decline

A two year layoff is a long fughin time
                    The only time he really got rocked was in that seventh round , not sure why no leaning or holding your opponent but whatever
                    From the middle of the eighth round it was all Thurman and I really thought he would get the ko late
                    So before stating he’s on the decline I would like to see him in another and then can make a judgement call
                    Just shows Thurman isn't that special. Floyd came off a 2 year layoff and took on P4P fighter in Marquez and dominated him. And no weight wasn't an issue, it was all skill.

Comment

Working...
                    X