Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Santa Cruz: Mares Could Beat Davis, But Must Be Really Careful

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
    Mares does have a chance. He's an elite fighter and can either stand and trade or box. He's got the skills but Davis' power and size will play a role. No one can dey Davis' power and if he lands it could end Mares' night. It's gonna be interesting how Mares decides to fight. If he stands and trades with him it could be very dangerous. But if he can box I think he has a solid chance of pulling off the upset. I'ma mention the Charlos' recent performances. They were heavily hyped but they only go for the kill. Davis could face the same fate and lose to the better boxer. We'll see through. I'm hyped and Mares definitely has heart and a willingness to be great.
    Good analysis.

Abner's only chance is to box and move away from those vicious body punches and uppercuts. He might last longer that way. The thing is, tho, Davis himself is a good boxer and can hang with him in a boxing match as well.

We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by DaFan View Post
      Good analysis.

Abner's only chance is to box and move away from those vicious body punches and uppercuts. He might last longer that way. The thing is, tho, Davis himself is a good boxer and can hang with him in a boxing match as well.

We'll see.
      Thanks! And it's definitely an interesting fight.

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
        Do you know the difference between a fact and an opinion?
        Its a fact 100% that Mares has no shot. You havent followed Mares enough to know he had a big injury in one eye and that has affected him the last years, he fights once a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Disturbed View Post
          Mares could win. I mean this is boxing, anything could happen. But then again, how probable his win is, is an another question... I think he is a big underdog for a reason.

I heard that he indeed would be facing Gary Russell Jr next. I really hope that is true as I have wanted to see that fight for some time now!
          The bold: What are the betting odds? I don't really follow that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Roa View Post
            Its a fact 100% that Mares has no shot. You havent followed Mares enough to know he had a big injury in one eye and that has affected him the last years, he fights once a year.
            I guess you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by DaFan View Post
              The bold: What are the betting odds? I don't really follow that stuff.
              Good question but that was my bad, I have no idea about the odds. I used a wrong term there I guess as underdog is mostly used in betting, but I meant it more as in "people have written him off already, everybody expects Tank to steamroll him" way, but I worded it bit wrong.

Hmm, I tried to check one Finnish betting site but it didn't have odds for it, only got for Flores-Figueroa, Linares vs Cano, Plant vs Uzcategui, Andrade vs Akakov, Jack vs Browne & Pacquiao vs Broner, another site I checked had no odds for boxing right now at all. But I dont know about the US, you guys have bit different betting odds-system there too

Comment

Originally posted by Disturbed View Post
                Good question but that was my bad, I have no idea about the odds. I used a wrong term there I guess as underdog is mostly used in betting, but I meant it more as in "people have written him off already, everybody expects Tank to steamroll him" way, but I worded it bit wrong.

Hmm, I tried to check one Finnish betting site but it didn't have odds for it, only got for Flores-Figueroa, Linares vs Cano, Plant vs Uzcategui, Andrade vs Akakov, Jack vs Browne & Pacquiao vs Broner, another site I checked had no odds for boxing right now at all. But I dont know about the US, you guys have bit different betting odds-system there too
                All good bro. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X