No announcement yet.

Sultan Ibragimov destroying Size Myths?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
    - -U a long painful history of deflecting U Dummyness into U shorts. Every major news site does updates on previous breaking news often with retractions, ie fog of war stuff.

On topic, Iggy was the superior boxer and a tricky, fast southpaw with good durability, so no surprise he beat clumsy Briggs.

No story here, so time to move on.
    And you have a long history of making things up and providing no proof.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      And you have a long history of making things up and providing no proof.
      - -U history is getting into the proof of U moonshine and getting a phantom of me mixed mixed in U shine.

Comment

- -U history is getting into the proof of U moonshine and getting a phantom of me mixed mixed in U shine.
        Link please. Oh, I forgot you don't show proof, you just make silly claims. Seems like you're the only one tipping the bottle all day everyday there Queenie!! 😆

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
          Why would anyone quickly fly to the Ukraine for surgery? No one goes to the Ukraine for anything, especially surgery. They go there to hide. For top surgery you stay in the US.
          That's a pretty good point actually.

Queenie, why go home for surgery?

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
            That's a pretty good point actually.

Queenie, why go home for surgery?
            It's what the media said or wrote. Then the media changed its mind and told the truth. Go figure!!

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
              It's not too long ago when a lot of people believed that today's HW's would be too big for the past Boxing greats to handle. But a smaller man in Ibragimov is starting to prove that skill>steroid lard. I know he has yet to prove a lot, but we're seeing a strong skilled fighter take on the Superheavyweights without showing disadvantages in size. I feel like he is proof that at a surtain point in weights, it really won't matter. The likes of Ali, Holmes, Liston , Louis etc, would still be superior imo. Do you agree?

Yes and No. Ibragimov was out of business vs Wlad and relegated to a counter puncher. He could have opened it up and taken 2 punches to land one, but didn't.

I do think if you can punch hard enough and get into position to land it ( Which is not easy vs Wlad's jab, arsenal, and swift feet ) a fighter can give up 20-40 pounds and still win.

But is a clear dis-advantage, and the smaller man outside of the punchers chance is going to have to be pretty durable as well.

I do think Ali, Holmes and Liston could be champion today. Apologies to Louis, he had slow feet, a low guard, limited reach. His stance had a stick you face forward, and IMO the combined flaws/limitations would not work well today vs. a skilled big man. But he certainly has a puncher's chance!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post
                Yes and No. Ibragimov was out of business vs Wlad and relegated to a counter puncher. He could have opened it up and taken 2 punches to land one, but didn't.

I do think if you can punch hard enough and get into position to land it ( Which is not easy vs Wlad's jab, arsenal, and swift feet ) a fighter can give up 20-40 pounds and still win.

But is a clear dis-advantage, and the smaller man outside of the punchers chance is going to have to be pretty durable as well.

I do think Ali, Holmes and Liston could be champion today. Apologies to Louis, he had slow feet, a low guard, limited reach. His stance had a stick you face forward, and IMO the combined flaws/limitations would not work well today vs. a skilled big man. But he certainly has a puncher's chance!
                - -Joe had some of the best footwork and balance in boxing with high efficiency.

Ali too much useless monkey motion that modern candies luv. That's why Joe with the better record of domination .

Ali got beat up too much with too many controversial results.

The few controversies Joe had ended in KOs in rematches.

Comment

- -Joe had some of the best footwork and balance in boxing with high efficiency.

Ali too much useless monkey motion that modern candies luv. That's why Joe with the better record of domination .

Ali got beat up too much with too many controversial results.

The few controversies Joe had ended in KOs in rematches.
                  Disagree. Joe he had slow shuffling feet, and was floored at times by others often because he didn't have good balance.

Ali's competition > Louis, and it's not close.

Louis has his share of controversial results too. You'd have to watch Louis vs Godoy 1, Godoy out lands him and muscles Louis around the ring.

Walcott won the first fight with Louis. He floored Louis twice and out boxes him, The film shocks you with a loud boo when the decision was annoyed. Louis had the body language of the loser, he also had an in with the match makers at MSG which is why he won it.

2/3 of the sport writers felt Walcott won it.

Yes-- Louis did better in re-matches. Blackburn told him exactly what to do, but that doesn't excuse the first performance. Tommy Farr who probably lost 6-9 in rounds or so deserved a re-match.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post
                    Disagree. Joe he had slow shuffling feet, and was floored at times by others often because he didn't have good balance.

Louis has his share of controversial results too. You'd have to watch Louis vs Godoy 1, Godoy out lands him and muscles Louis around the ring.

Walcott won the first fight with Louis. He floored Louis twice and out boxes him, The film shocks you with a loud boo when the decision was annoyed. Louis had the body language of the loser, he also had an in with the match makers at MSG which is why he won it.

Yes-- Louis did better in re-matches. Blackburn told him exactly what to do, but that doesn't excuse the first performance. Tommy Farr who probably lost 6-9 in rounds or so deserved a re-match.
                    - -Few better than Joe in cutting off the ring, not a monkey motion Ali essential trait. 100 yard dash would show no significant advantage, but I'd favor Joe in a decathlon because he could be taught, not so Ali who had a very limited style, the reason he left Archie Moore for Dundee.

And Walcott who had been fighting in ww2 got his rematch against ol'man Joe, and got flattened.

Let's face it, Joe easily won his fight of the century while Ali got beat up pretty badly.

Joe have the people the rematches that counted but Ali didn't.

Joe Ring ranked in his first year, not Ali. You're embarrasing Ali now and better served just drinking his koolaid and shutting up.

Comment

- -Few better than Joe in cutting off the ring, not a monkey motion Ali essential trait. 100 yard dash would show no significant advantage, but I'd favor Joe in a decathlon because he could be taught, not so Ali who had a very limited style, the reason he left Archie Moore for Dundee.

And Walcott who had been fighting in ww2 got his rematch against ol'man Joe, and got flattened.

Let's face it, Joe easily won his fight of the century while Ali got beat up pretty badly.

Joe have the people the rematches that counted but Ali didn't.

Joe Ring ranked in his first year, not Ali. You're embarrasing Ali now and better served just drinking his koolaid and shutting up.
                      What the heck, I was not talking about Frazier. I was talking about Louis. Please re-read the initial post. I'm new here but I have noticed your at odds with quite a few posters.

Comment

Working...
                      X