Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Dirrell Speaks On Being Blamed For Deontay Wilder's Team Throwing In Towel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    AT this point Wilder needs to do a press conference where he need to take ownership of the loss, apologize to Breland and anyone else he blamed for this, acknowledge the mistakes he made during the promotion, take ownership of that ridiculous outfit he walked to the ring with, and thank all his fans for showing up.

Its bad enough you skipped the post fight press conference. Be honest about how the first loss has really been hard for you to accept. Then put it all behind you, get healthy, and decide if you want the immediate rematch or if you are going to take a lesser fight to build back.

Just get off of social media and stop trying to save face. When you get your ass kicked you gotta wear it.
    This.

This is cowardly behavior from Wilder. He needs to man up and face the public, not cry over the phone to some YouTube bloggers.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
      Losing to Tyson Fury is acceptable and if he feels he could do better in a 3rd fight then good on him, he's a very proud man and his 1st loss and losing his belt must sting real hard.

But all this nonsense after the fight is just ridiculous. His mouth his doing his reputation as much if not more damage than the actual loss itself.

I've got ppl laughing about it at my work and they even really Boxing fans.
      The costume excuse is all over skysports news and they aren't hiding the fact that its ridiculous as they made a list of the worst excuses made in british sports.... Haye's toe made the list and in my opinion that is nowhere near as bad as what Wilder is coming up with.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
        This.

This is cowardly behavior from Wilder. He needs to man up and face the public, not cry over the phone to some YouTube bloggers.
        That first loss can be really devastating. In this case the pre fight build up where he tried to position himself as the next great black American prize fighter only makes the loss that much more humiliating for him personally.

I think reasonable people understand losing being tough. But be a man and show up and answer the tough questions. Don't hide and then try and use social media to change the narrative. That will never work.

Adversity reveals character and Wilder is showing he is extremely weak.

Comment

AT this point Wilder needs to do a press conference where he need to take ownership of the loss, apologize to Breland and anyone else he blamed for this, acknowledge the mistakes he made during the promotion, take ownership of that ridiculous outfit he walked to the ring with, and thank all his fans for showing up.

Its bad enough you skipped the post fight press conference. Be honest about how the first loss has really been hard for you to accept. Then put it all behind you, get healthy, and decide if you want the immediate rematch or if you are going to take a lesser fight to build back.

Just get off of social media and stop trying to save face. When you get your ass kicked you gotta wear it.
          I wouldn't hold your breath, I think this is just him, someone used the term 'man baby' earlier and that is pretty apt.

He is Kovalev turned up a out 10 notches...oh well! still dangerous in every fight, but this will turn the public and media against him, and if he does take the third fight then trying to overcome Fury, the public, the media, I can see that overwhelming him and potentially taking what confidence he has left before the fight even happens

Comment

Karma is a MF...

Talked about wanting to catch a body in the ring (which 'till this day' is disgusting talk) but then cried that Bayliss didn't protect him from Tyson Fury being mean in the ring.

Lectured Joshua on what to do and how to behave after he took his first loss like a real sportsman... Then has a genuine mental breakdown after having to do the same.

Wow.

Comment

That first loss can be really devastating. In this case the pre fight build up where he tried to position himself as the next great black American prize fighter only makes the loss that much more humiliating for him personally.

I think reasonable people understand losing being tough. But be a man and show up and answer the tough questions. Don't hide and then try and use social media to change the narrative. That will never work.

The worst thing is that if he hadn't said anything, and just said "i'll be back" or something like that, then nobody would have said anything at all.

Everyone were focusing on Fury anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                The worst thing is that if he hadn't said anything, and just said "i'll be back" or something like that, then nobody would have said anything at all.

Everyone were focusing on Fury anyway.
                Exactly. But he had gone in too deep. Once the ticket sales were such that this was going to be a massive event, Wilder realized winning could elevate him to a position that no American fighter has been since Floyd.

People wanted him to succeed. He failed miserably and must think if he makes excuses and comes back and wins then he can still become the next Floyd or Tyson because America is desperate for its next great prize fighter.

Had he just admitted defeat and handled it like a man, he'd still have a slim chance. With the way he behaved, cried, blamed everyone else, and just how he has handled himself that IMO is out the window.

Comment

Yeah it is unfortunately telling

Look at the difference with Joshua. This dude had to hear all kinds of jokes about how he lost to some small chubby dude for months. And that all did was refocus him. He let Ruiz get carried away with the hype, all the while getting into the leanest shape of his life. Which is saying something. Then he came back and delivered.

Wilder is taking this L really poorly. My confidence that he can turn his career back is falling lower by the day. And at this point, he is no spring chicken anymore.
                  Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 02-25-2020, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                    Yeah it is unfortunately telling

Look at the difference with Joshua. This dude had to hear all kinds of jokes about how he lost to some small chubby dude for months. And that all did was refocus him. He let Ruiz get carried away with the hype, all the while getting into the leanest shape of his life. Which is saying something. Then he came back and delivered.

Wilder is taking this L really poorly. My confidence that he can turn his career back is falling lower by the day. And at this point, he is no spring chicken anymore.
                    Yeah Bro. AJ got upset. He fixed what he needed to.

Wilder didn't. Wilder IMO lost the 1st fight and got a gift draw. He isn't that skilled so all he could do is hope he landed and got Fury out of there. He couldn't do what AJ did because he doesn;t have the tools.

I have very little confidence he can come back as well.

Comment

Going to be pretty hard to see Wilder coming back from this. Having that one second eraser looks like it made him forget about all the other minutes on the clock. He thought that right hand could repeatedly save him and when it didn't, he looked lost.

Comment

Working...
                      X